Stocks and Shares ISA - Clean funds and charges

Options
All comments and opinions welcomed. Objective - looking to reduce charges and commissions, as I'm sure its higher than it could be.

Current - its a bit fragmented, so I want to tidy up, and save some money in charges.
  • Corporate ISA with Share Centre, value £20k, charges 0.5% pa
  • 6 funds with Hargreaves Lansdowne - Schroder, Artemis, Blackrock - each worth say £3k
  • 1 Fidelity fund with Cavendish, worth £6k
  • L&G FTSE tracker - not sure who gets the trail on that - £15k
  • Henderson smaller companies tracker - £15k
As far as Im aware, all in dirty class funds.

Thoughts - start with moving the Share Centre Corp ISA, costing £100pa, to a Share Centre Self select ISA, £4pm, ie £50pa.
  • Transfer all the Hargreaves Landsdowne funds in species, to Share Centre, who will pay the HL switching fees, which would be £180 or so?
  • Share Centre then switch to clean funds at the next XD date, reducing the AMC by say average of 0.5% (£100pa). No platform fee to pay. All admin costs covered by the above £4pm Self Select ISA fees.
  • Then transfer the Cavendish, L&G and Henderson funds to Share Centre also, and await the cleaning and saving (£150pa).
Does this all sound sensible? Have I understood the costs fully? Does anyone have a better alternative suggestion? I don't do much buying or selling. It appears I will be making circa £300pa in charges savings.
illegitimi non carborundum
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport