🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Do not use sainsburys online for groceries!!!

Options

Comments

• LolitaLove
    LolitaLove Posts: 273 Forumite
    edited 25 October 2013 at 4:45PM
    Options
    Willowpop wrote: »
    This is the best advice. If a company does something you don't like, TELL THEM! (likewise if they do something good, then tell them too)
    If they don't know why people are not happy then it won't change. If they get enough complaints about the same thing then something will get done.

Very true, I decided not to complain though as to be fair I wouldn't have shopped at Sainsbury's again anyway (without a discount/deal) as it's just too expensive compared to the competition. I know Waitrose/Ocado is seen as expensive but a lot of their stock is free range/organic so I don't mind paying more, but with Sainsburys it just seems like money down the drain. Even if I'd got a voucher as compensation I more than likely wouldn't have used it. Guess the best form of protest is to not shop there.
  • fionajbanana
    fionajbanana Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Options
    Willowpop wrote: »
    This is the best advice. If a company does something you don't like, TELL THEM! (likewise if they do something good, then tell them too)
    If they don't know why people are not happy then it won't change. If they get enough complaints about the same thing then something will get done.

A lot of people that don't like a part of a service they provide, they do nothing or complain to a neutral place like this forum.

Need to construct your complaint in writing.

We as a nation are good at moaning, but don't moan to the organisations about it.
  • LolitaLove
    LolitaLove Posts: 273 Forumite
    edited 26 October 2013 at 10:39AM
    Options
    PLRFD wrote: »

I'm not sure about that, it'd be better if the phone call was recorded or something, have a feeling that there may be something more to the story as there usually is.....

Totally different thing but I remember once when I was younger (only a teenager) coming back from a gig early one morning....the train I was due to get had been cancelled and a coach put on in it's place. Everyone was told to show their original ticket to the driver. A woman in possibly her 60's/70's with a walker tried to get on the coach without a ticket, or with the wrong ticket (I don't remember which). The driver, who was South Asian, spoke kindly to her but said he couldn't let her continue on without the right ticket (all this while she was on the coach, he'd let her on to sit down), and she refused to get off. He again spoke kindly to her and she launched into the most foul mouthed racist tirade you've ever heard. She called him a C U Next Tuesday, told him to ''go home'' ...literally called him every name under the sun including some very racist names and accused him of 'taking over'. My blood was boiling, old lady or not. The driver told her to ''get off now''. A group of young men in their twenties then got on and the old woman started crying her eyes out (which she didn't do until she saw them) and said please help me boys.....they started having a massive go at the driver, and everyone else that arrived after started screaming at the driver as she was just ''an old lady''. In the end the police were called and one of the managers. I approached one of the managers and told him I'd seen everything, and that I'd tell him what I'd witnessed (and the police). The manager then told me not to worry, no need as she was well known to him (and the police) and regularly tried to board trains and coaches etc for free and was known to become very aggressive when challenged. When the police arrived they immediately called her by her first name and obviously knew her quite well.

That's what has made me a little apprehensive. I think the older generation are fantastic, a different class, and deserve complete respect. But just as not all young people/hoodie wearers are bad people, not all older people are benevolent and without fault. Some older people will have been horrible younger people (same as there are lots of horrible younger people now) and will have grown into horrible elderly people.....and I don't think being older is an excuse for acting badly.:j:j In the Sainsburys case, I can't make judgement as I don't know what went on but that's the issue...Sainsburys said there have been three occasions, so who knows....
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    LolitaLove wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly! :) Seems crazy that they don't have a better system...surely if you advertise something and then don't supply it you can't then charge more? Or there should be something in place to ensure the deals are still applied, especially when it's nearly double the cost. I had a similar issue...I selected 2 meals for £5, one meal wasn't available so they subbed another meal that wasn't in the offer, so instead of 2 meals for £5 it cost almost £10. On a lot of sites you can choose whether you sub or not, it's weird that Sainsbury's don't offer this. Thanks for your reply

Hi,

If you click on your Account ( top right of screen) then click on My Preferences, you can choose if you do or don't want substitutes.

HTH

tornado
  • LolitaLove
    Options
    tornado wrote: »
    [/B]

Hi,

If you click on your Account ( top right of screen) then click on My Preferences, you can choose if you do or don't want substitutes.

HTH

tornado

Thankyou, had no idea they offered that!
  • zenseeker
    zenseeker Posts: 4,550 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

The fact that the customer is disabled has NOTHING to do with the story. It's just added to sensationalize and further demonize the company for acting in a way I can see was considered correct, but perhaps a little OTT for the apparent language used.
    We have removed your signature - please contact the forum team if you are not sure why - Forum Team
  • PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,128 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    And who said it had ?
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Please could everyone phone careline on 0800636262 to ask Sainsburys to stop printing these online coupons everytime a customer does not use a Nectar card!

I have friends and an aunt that work in Sainsburys and they are sick of seeing the coupons left behind.

This is the funniest thing I've read in a while........
    Why would people care that your aunt doesn't like it ?
    Tell her and your friends to ring up themselves instead !
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • sniggings
    sniggings Posts: 5,281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

wish I could afford £80 worth of shopping a week ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport