Options
12346»

Comments

• quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Kleptronic wrote: »
    My parents bought this and it's a complete nightmare.
    1) They have been sent a Kindle Fire not a Kindle Fire HD. No camera.
    2) The Mail Plus application does not work properly, fails to download the paper, is mostly blank when it does and has to be fully uninstalled and reinstalled every other day.
    3) As they didn't have any trouble with the app until the second week, and didn't know they hadn't got a Kindle Fire HD, they did not return it (unopened, as specified by the company! how can you tell if it works if you don't open it?) within 7 days and cannot get their money back, phoning and emailing gets them nowhere.

This is not fit for purpose and not what was stated in the offer, they have been ripped off. Mail Plus, a division of Associated Newspapers Limited, offered a new generation Kindle Fire HD 7’ 8GB tablet and an application to read the Mail every day and this is NOT what they got.
    custardy wrote: »
    The new Kindle Fire HD has no camera
    custardy wrote: »

More specs from Amazon but the RAM figures look "odd"

https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/fire/specifications.html
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • super_dad
    Options
    Is it my imagination or are lots and lots of newbies posting in this thread?

Anyone would think that the Daily Mail have tens of thousands of these to shift and their marketing chaps/chapettes are being incentivised for keeping this thread live for as long as possible.

for what it's worth, i think this is a great deal.
    Hating Hastings Direct!
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    super_dad wrote: »
    Is it my imagination or are lots and lots of newbies posting in this thread?

Anyone would think that the Daily Mail have tens of thousands of these to shift and their marketing chaps/chapettes are being incentivised for keeping this thread live for as long as possible.

for what it's worth, i think this is a great deal.

I hope the Mail gets a refund,given the quality of the posts.
  • rageagainstessays
    Options
    I'm not sure if would be morally permissible to be a daily mail subscriber...
    “Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral. ”
    ― Paulo Freire, Pedagogy of the Oppressed
  • roms
    roms Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, I read this thread before buying the kindle and subscription for my dad. Kindle came within a couple of days. My dad is getting used to it and enjoys it.

I read earlier in the thread people were struggling to get covers. I couldn't understand what the issue was. Is there more than 1 kindle fire hd models?

I just want to buy something cheap from ebay.

Thank you for your time:)
  • pingug
    pingug Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    MarcusCB wrote: »
    So you get a "free Kindle worth £119"? I would rather save the £280 it would cost to get the Mail/Sunday Mail for a year and buy a Kindle Fire HD with a decent memory capacity and not an 8 gig one that won't accept much at all before it's full!!! Not such the great bargain we are led to believe!!

It is if you already read the daily mail, now you can subscribe and get a kindle to read it on, 8gb would do, that's why we have clouds so we don't need huge memories, don't need to carry about every film, album,eBook with us, just a selection we might need for a few weeks

Also I don't understand why people are jumping to buy this bargain then wasting money on a cover, it doesn't get cold, its screen is pretty much scratch proof, maybe just knit it a pullover
  • paularmitage
    Options
    Got to my parents house to find he had ordered this deal. Tried setting up for him and registered his kindle. My problem is my dad has no Wi-Fi. However it does say "subscription" therefore will he get his daily mail down loaded without Wi-Fi. I.E as if he's on contract.
    My issue is that my elderly father has got this because it's cheaper than buying the paper and not realized how it works.
    I ask because I cannot get it to download paper without being at my house on my Wi-Fi.
    If this question makes me sound "a newbe" I apologies but would question daily mail marketing as most pensioners think Wi-Fi is something you play 45 records on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure