Free kindle fire HD with Daily Mail plus

Options

Comments

• povuk
    Options
    I have taken up the offer, and I am looking for a case. I see there is a 2012 model and a 2013 model. Which model comes in the offer? So I can select the right case.
  • vidman1
    Options
    Can someone advise:
    1. How early each day is the paper available to download
    2. Is the download automatic is the Kindle is switched on or do you have to initiate the download
    3. Does each new days paper automatically remove the previous days or do you have to remove old copies yourself
    4. Can you save specific pages of each paper - e.g. a specific page from the health section on a Tuesday - for future reference

Are new subscribers actually receiving the KindleHD, as several early posts suggested they had received the older non HD version

Thanks
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    vidman1 wrote: »
    Can someone advise:
    1. How early each day is the paper available to download
    2. Is the download automatic is the Kindle is switched on or do you have to initiate the download
    3. Does each new days paper automatically remove the previous days or do you have to remove old copies yourself
    4. Can you save specific pages of each paper - e.g. a specific page from the health section on a Tuesday - for future reference

Are new subscribers actually receiving the KindleHD, as several early posts suggested they had received the older non HD version

Thanks

Did they? Or did they simply not look at what the current model is?
  • flintstone121
    Options
    Apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place but I'm new here. Has anyone else had a problem signing up to the dailymailplus free kindle fire offer which was featured at least in the Daily Mail Wednesday December 11th? I have tried applying on both an Ipad and a Desktop and get as far as the end of the payment page which doesn't progress any further. I've tried different times do day and on different days.
  • nodrog
    nodrog Posts: 2,915 Forumite
    Options
    1. How early each day is the paper available to download =6am
    2. Is the download automatic is the Kindle is switched on or do you have to initiate the download= automatic
    3. Does each new days paper automatically remove the previous days or do you have to remove old copies yourself=it automatically removes the previous day
    4. Can you save specific pages of each paper - e.g. a specific page from the health section on a Tuesday - for future reference= you can save any part of the newspaper and have access to the last 30 days newspapers.
    Are new subscribers actually receiving the KindleHD, as several early posts suggested they had received the older non HD version= I received the kindle fire HD 8gb
  • ifeelfine
    Options
    Hi Folks
    I'm a new member, and I couldn't find a better place to put this post, so excuse me if it's inappropriate.

I've been considering which tablet to buy for some time now, so the kindle offer caught my eye.

But I'm no wiser as to which to buy, and hope you could all advise me ?

What do I want it for: Everything !
    Ie, I'd like to use it like I use my PC, ie
    I'm not interested in Apple, as I don't want to have to pay unnecessarily for stuff.
    Obviously I don't mind paying for ebooks etc, but the stuff most people do on a PC, I'd like to be able to do portably & lightweight.

One thing that appeals is sitting in an armchair reading info on websites, instead of sitting hunched over a desk: my neck & back permanently acre.
    Also watch video on websites including Youtube, iPlayer, etc.

I've read the reviews but I just seem to get more confused !

Thanks
    dingggggg ding ding a-ding, ding ding dink dink
  • MarcusCB
    Options
    So you get a "free Kindle worth £119"? I would rather save the £280 it would cost to get the Mail/Sunday Mail for a year and buy a Kindle Fire HD with a decent memory capacity and not an 8 gig one that won't accept much at all before it's full!!! Not such the great bargain we are led to believe!!
  • MarcusCB
    Options
    I have the original Kindle Fire and use it every day. I use it for internet, e-mail, music, movies and books. I would recommend it but NOT the 8 gig one given "free" with the Daily Mail. Use the money to buy one with a decent hard drive capacity. 16 gig is actually cheaper to buy than a years subscription to the Mail, so unless you read the Mail every day is really isn't worth the subscription. Hope that helps :)

ifeelfine wrote: »
    Hi Folks
    I'm a new member, and I couldn't find a better place to put this post, so excuse me if it's inappropriate.

I've been considering which tablet to buy for some time now, so the kindle offer caught my eye.

But I'm no wiser as to which to buy, and hope you could all advise me ?

What do I want it for: Everything !
    Ie, I'd like to use it like I use my PC, ie
    I'm not interested in Apple, as I don't want to have to pay unnecessarily for stuff.
    Obviously I don't mind paying for ebooks etc, but the stuff most people do on a PC, I'd like to be able to do portably & lightweight.

One thing that appeals is sitting in an armchair reading info on websites, instead of sitting hunched over a desk: my neck & back permanently acre.
    Also watch video on websites including Youtube, iPlayer, etc.

I've read the reviews but I just seem to get more confused !

Thanks
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MarcusCB wrote: »
    So you get a "free Kindle worth £119"? I would rather save the £280 it would cost to get the Mail/Sunday Mail for a year and buy a Kindle Fire HD with a decent memory capacity and not an 8 gig one that won't accept much at all before it's full!!! Not such the great bargain we are led to believe!!

Where exactly are you getting £280?
    The point is the price for the Kindle and subscription is basically the cost of the Kindle
    of course you can pay more for a higher capacity. however this deal is if the mail subscription is of interest
    This thread is amazing
  • ifeelfine
    ifeelfine Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 16 December 2013 at 5:59PM
    Options
    MarcusCB wrote: »
    I have the original Kindle Fire and use it every day. I use it for internet, e-mail, music, movies and books. I would recommend it but NOT the 8 gig one given "free" with the Daily Mail. Use the money to buy one with a decent hard drive capacity. 16 gig is actually cheaper to buy than a years subscription to the Mail, so unless you read the Mail every day is really isn't worth the subscription. Hope that helps :)
    Thanks MarcusCB...
    I think the 7" will be way to small to read webpages comfortable ?
    As I'm assuming that a 7" device's screen is measure diagonally, so its actual screen size, would only be about 6"x3.5" ?

I know that you can increase the text size (in ebooks) but then you have to scroll even more !

Thanks
    dingggggg ding ding a-ding, ding ding dink dink
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family