Meal plans for 1 and 3 year old

Has anyone got a weekly plan for toddlers they would like to share please? I'm not very imaginative in the kitchen and get stumped. Thanks for any help.
139k to mortgage freedom
17 pounds to my target weight

Replies

• GillyxGillyx Forumite
    6.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My 21 month old eats the same as us every night.

Tends to be things like Cottage Pie, lasagne, curry (tikka masala or bhuna usually) home made pizza, lamb hot pot, pasta bake, corned beef hash, chicken fajitas, stir fry (we're having pork tonight) roast dinners, (beef, chicken, pork, gammon) bolognese, bread crumbed fish with home made oven chips and peas, chicken wrapped in bacon with cheese in the middle, casseroles (beef or chicken usually) vegetable crumble, risottos, stuffed peppers/mushrooms, omelettes/frittatas, baked potatoes with different fillings, sweet potato and spinach curry, quiche.

As you can see I'm not a fancy cook or anything. I tend to do a meal plan for the week on a Thursday night and plan Fri-Thu, I try to do different meals at least for a fortnight. I go my shopping on a Friday and buy all the ingredients for the meals I need if they're not in the cupboard.

Lunch wise, we do rice cakes with different toppings, tortilla/wrap pizzas, omelettes, toasties, savoury muffins, savoury flapjacks, french toast, scrambled egg, dippy egg with soldiers, small 'picnic' so breadsticks with cream cheese for dipping, peppers, cucumber, sliced meat etc.
    The frontier is never somewhere else. And no stockades can keep the midnight out.
  • I have always given my daughter what ever we eat, or something based around what I am cooking.

Shepherds Pie is easy and you can hide lots in it. Home-made pizzas are easy too. Other meals I make are usually just a lean meat and vegetables.

Pasta bakes, spaghetti bolognese. Jacket Potatoes.
  • Thanks very much for the ideas. I know there are gazillions of recipes on the Internet but good to hear from mums of something their kids will actually eat.
    How do u do your veg crumble gillyx please?
    139k to mortgage freedom
    17 pounds to my target weight
  • GillyxGillyx Forumite
    6.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The frontier is never somewhere else. And no stockades can keep the midnight out.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Did you know there's an MSE app?

It's free & available on iOS & Android

MSE App

Regifting: good idea or not?

Add your two cents to the discussion

MSE Forum

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools