PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• flyinggiraffe_2
    Options
    Just picked up some fresh bits to last the week. My freezer is full to burst with home made ready meals so going to make my way through that this week.

I also got gifted my mums old slow cooker as my dad gave her a new one for her birthday (he's such a romantic - she got a slow cooker and a recipe for steak and kidney pudding! Lol)

Going to hit the slow cooker threads as I'm not too sure where to start!
  • K9sandFelines
    Options
    13.33spends today between MrM and Co-*p. This included 750g of cornflakes for £1.34 and six packs of B1G2F Rocky bars for packed lunched in Mr M, the rest was bread, veg and sandwich meat.

Needed savers hot choc, but was OOS so will have to add that to next Mr T delivery or when i am next near there, B&M, Mr A when in work.

About to update sig ...
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • natnat13
    natnat13 Posts: 646 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just got my receipts out from Mr Ts, I have a bad habit of nipping in there and buying bits and bobs, I have already spent £32.70 this month :eek: which includes hair dye, tights and a comic for my son, if I minus that off its £19.91 but I am trying to include everything I buy in the supermarkets.
    This is why I need this challenge! However, I have very stocked up and don't have my children this weekend so will live on cereal and soup! So I shouldn't need to buy anything at all hopefully. NSW for me hopefully!
    Mum to 2 DSs, dog mum, wife full-time worker.
    Keen to live a healthly lifestyle and save money
  • Faete
    Faete Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    I spent £2.15 on fruit for snacks at work today. I used a tip from another thread and fed the self service till with bags of coppers - much better than throwing them in one of those machines that gives you a voucher and deducts 10% as a fee. :D

I'm determined to make lunch to take to work - I was spending around £30 a week on picking up ready made sandwiches.

Fae xx
    “Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde :p
    January Grocery Challenge - £189.44/£300.00 :D
    Save
    Save
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Options
    A spend of £19 exactly today. I called in Mrm for pop and juice and they were just doing their reductions.
    I got 3 packets of salami
    3 joints of topside
    3 packets of meatballs
    2 bottles of squash
    2 bottles of sugar fee coke
    1 packet of bourbons
    1 packet of cookies
    10 packets of onion rings
    and a tear and share bread.
    The 3 joints of beef and meatballs should have been £32 alone :T

I'll update my signature now. I need a nsd tomorrow :o
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • minicooper272
    Options
    This week has been the perfect example of meal planning. So far I've only spent £7.82/80 on food, which will cover me up to the 10th. I should get away with spending around the same next week too!

Because of the way the month splits, I'll see if I can get the first week of December out of this months budget, meaning I'll have a little more to spare for Christmas. Anything I have left come Christmas goes straight to my Mum, who I will be staying with.
  • Billie-jo
    Billie-jo Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    Options
    No spends today from grocery budget at least.

Made a huge pan of bolognaise sauce today containing plenty of carrots, courgette's, onion, celery, mushrooms, garlic and oats.
    We both had second portions (portions were only small) and had some salad with it. Plenty left waiting in the fridge to be frozen tomorrow however how it is going to be squashed in I have no idea!!!
    I need to buy potatoes soon so will probably get a 25kg sack if any about local to us.

cf567f95-97fb-4b1c-8783-e784dd7c1dd6_zps36b91892.jpg
    MARCH £62.38/250
  • beth2242
    beth2242 Posts: 133 Forumite
    Options
    Grocery spend remains the same today - have managed a NSD. Need to spend some time tomorrow planning meals for the week. Have plenty of chicken in, bolgnaise, pasta, eggs and fresh fruit and veg. Also on WW diet which means I'm budgeting what I eat which is helping to budget what I spend!! Will update tomorrow with my meal plans for the week.:)
    GC- June £0/£150

OD
    £0/£1500 OD £6.23/£900
    Debt paid-£6.23/£2400
  • CountingPennies
    Options
    Yeah!! Managed a NSD!! Also all my kids are going out after school tomorrow to a friends house for tea so don't need to worry about tea tomorrow :D

CP xx
    Slimming World Challenge 2017 0/30.5lb

Grocery challenge 2017 JAN: £5.56/£350
  • MrsCautious
    MrsCautious Posts: 1,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 4 November 2013 at 11:15PM
    Options
    Hi all, feel like I've settled into a comfortable routine of shopping for around £200 each month now.

My meal plan for this week:

Sun -- made a mini roast dinner with two pieces of YS turkey between the 3 of us. It was lovely. Sains stuffing is about 15p a packet (got some for 9p RTC!)

Mon - Aldi stir fry mix, Sains YS stir-fry beef, Sharwoods on offer Black bean sauce -- that was lovely too, go me :)

Tues -- Sains pasta parcels, also feeding children's friend, basics garlic bread, basics pasta sauce, added garlic, salad.

Weds -- taste the difference sausage, basics potatoes mashed, fresh veg, gravy -- one of my daughters' favourite meals and very, very cheap.

Thurs -- hm fish pie, frozen salmon and cod from Iceland ages ago.

Fri - just me, YS Sains baked beans with toast, taste the difference bacon or Aldi hot dog sausages! Or maybe neither. . .

I know my meals could be a lot more exciting but hey, it works for us. Household stuff/cleaning and toiletries push total up of course but touch wood there have been some good offers to minimise the cost. And the dog's doing ok for treats!

Got plenty in so touch wood £150ish for rest of month is more than adequate.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure