claim rejected due to extraordinary circumstances??

Please can anyone advise me whether to continue with our claim or not.
We were delayed in Orlando in November 2007 for 21 hrs, this was due to a hydro mechanical fault, we had to stay overnight and fly back to Manchester the following evening.
I have just had a rejection letter saying 'the claim has been denied on the grounds that the delay was caused by extraordinary circumstances that couldn't be avoided'.
'and that it falls under number 25 of unexpected flight safety short comings, because a problem with the Hydro Mechanical unit was reported when the previous service landed in Orlando on 10 November 2007.'
Have I got any chance with this?
it was Virgin Atlantic

Comments

• 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    nets - post on the Virgin thread - then jump quickly as you only have a few days left to submit your claim. If you are concerned in any way re going to court appoint a no win no fee on Monday.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Even if this list had any basis in law (which it does not), I'd argue that 25 relates to in-flight or immediately pre-departure failures. You technical failure occurred on a previous flight.

However, you are almost out of time to pursue the claim: and as such no NWNF firm is likely to take it up. So you need to write a NBA letter, and start court action prompto. All the detail is in the FAQs on page one of the Virgin thread.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    better reading and posting in the Virgin thread and see if anyone has had similar and what they did about it
  • nets_2
    nets_2 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Thanks sorry didn't see the VA thread, I'll go and post it there!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure