Creams cafes

Options
Im not really sure where to post this so I'm putting it here.
I have a complaint about a Cremes cafe and am looking for a head office contact.

My daughters and niece went out yesterday to the Creams cafe and when paying for their order the manager who is well known for being rude and unprofessional instead of giving them their £6 change started to say oh just give me a £5 tip and you have £1 change yeah yeah? Go on you are celebrating your Eid and we have to work blah blah... And he handed them £1 and gesturing to put the £5 in his tip jar.
They said the staff were all staring at them and they didnt know what to do so in the end they said just let him have it.

These are young girls who dont go out much they're very shy and I was so angry that he had made them give him a tip. Which by the way he didnt deserve a penny of. Whenever they have visited the place before they always come home complaining about the service and the managers attitude. This time I was really angry. Its not about the money so much its the fact that he sort of intimidated them into it.

The only problem is I cant find any contact number or email to contact head office. I dont want to go into the shop to complain because I know that it will fall on deaf ears. That manager has such a bad reputation. He just doesnt care.

I want to complain about him not to him.

Am I over reacting?

Comments

• ~Beanie~
    ~Beanie~ Posts: 3,043 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Whenever they have visited the place before they always come home complaining about the service and the managers attitude.
    Why do they keep going there then?

I don't think you are over reacting, I wouldn't be very happy either but maybe your daughters should have been a bit firmer and insisted on their £5 back.

I can't seem to find a head office contact either but it looks like all the cafes are franchises so he probably owns that one, complaining about him probably won't make any difference.

Vote with your feet and don't go there again!
    :p
  • RancidM
    RancidM Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    Which venue was it ?

we will sometimes visit the Norbury branch as a treat for the kids.
    i have to say its always busy with lots going on but the staff have always been excellent.

However you experience makes me shudder.

How old are the girls ?
    i assume they are not adults ?

The manager who is an adult and in a position of authority should not under any circumstance by taking anything from children, dost matter if its done is a joking fashion or not.
    Just because your children did not feel comfortable or confident to dispute with the manager over his actions that is no excuse on his part.

he stole money from your children, the chances are this is not a one off, i would strongly suggest you report this to the police asap and go visit the store with the police to see that your money is returned and this man is arrested.
  • innocent_girl
    Options
    RancidM wrote: »
    Which venue was it ?

we will sometimes visit the Norbury branch as a treat for the kids.
    i have to say its always busy with lots going on but the staff have always been excellent.

However you experience makes me shudder.

How old are the girls ?
    i assume they are not adults ?

The manager who is an adult and in a position of authority should not under any circumstance by taking anything from children, dost matter if its done is a joking fashion or not.
    Just because your children did not feel comfortable or confident to dispute with the manager over his actions that is no excuse on his part.

he stole money from your children, the chances are this is not a one off, i would strongly suggest you report this to the police asap and go visit the store with the police to see that your money is returned and this man is arrested.

It was the Slough branch and i have seen some really bad reviews about it on trip advisor too.
    They are age between 12 - 17 but theyre very shy so they would rather get out of the situation than try and get their money back.
  • harrys_dad
    harrys_dad Posts: 1,997 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Absolutely shocking. I suggest you go with them at a busy time and stand inside with a large sign saying the manager of this branch bullied my children into "giving" him a £5 tip. He will soon give it back to get rid of you.
  • innocent_girl
    Options
    Do u think I should expose him to the local paper?
  • halibut2209
    halibut2209 Posts: 4,249 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Personally? No. Certainly not until after you've asked for it back!

But in my experience, parents who complain to newspapers end up looking bad, regardless of the reason. People who comment on newspaper websites are harsh!
    One important thing to remember is that when you get to the end of this sentence, you'll realise it's just my sig.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It may be considered unfair trading - which basically bans certain trading practices.
    Regulations 5-7 of the CPRs prohibit commercial practices which are misleading (whether by action or omission) or aggressive, and which cause or are likely to cause the average consumer to take a different decision.

But that's only if it would cause the average consumer to take a different decision as a result, not if it causes any consumer to take a different decision as obviously, you do get people with no staying power/confidence at all.

You know your girls best so if you feel it would still happen to the average person, try contacting your local ts and file a complaint.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's a franchise.
  • Auntie-Dolly
    Auntie-Dolly Posts: 1,008 Forumite
    Options
    Go and see him! Set an example to the girls of how to stand up for themselves.
  • RancidM
    RancidM Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    Keep us informed of the outcome.

i hope that you stay away from all the Jeremy Kyle advice of "having it out" in the shop and do take your issue to the local police station.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport