MSE News: Passengers delayed as Easyjet check-in system fails

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flight Delay Compensation
6 replies 1.7K views
Former_MSE_HelenFormer_MSE_Helen
2.4K Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flight Delay Compensation
"Easyjet passengers have been hit by flight delays and cancellations after the budget airline's check-in system failed..."
Read the full story:

Passengers delayed as Easyjet check-in system fails

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Replies

• I was on the Malaga to Newcastle flight today where we were delayed just over 2 hours. Would we be entitled to compensation as the flight arrived under the 3 hour threshold? We entered the plane as normal then sat on the plane, which was on the runway in the sun for the next 2 hours, as you could probably guess, Easyjet did not offer any free refreshments. I do not really like the claim culture but I have made mistakes booking with Easyjet before and they have happily charged me extortionate amounts of money to change a passenger name or something similar, it would be nice if the shoe was on the other foot. Thanks in advance.
  • Caz3121Caz3121 Forumite
    14.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Compensation is payable if your arrival time is over 3 hours. No compensation payment if under.
  • richardwrichardw Forumite
    19.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was on the Malaga to Newcastle flight today where we were delayed just over 2 hours.....

See Article 6 and Article 9 of http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:32004R0261:EN:HTML
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • I was on a flight from Gatwick to Glasgow today which was cancelled. No flights until tomorrow so we rebooked with BA. I am assuming we will be eligible for compensation? If so is it best to send off the template letter by email and by snail mail rec del?
  • I was on the cancelled flight from Gatwick to Glasgow too. I took coach and reached Glasgow today morning. It was so unprofessional that easy jet was not bothered to send any staff for around 1.5 hours in to the departure area. If they could have let us out, i could have taken the train to Glasgow.
  • Yes I know. I still have not spoken to an Easyjet employee!!! I'm pretty sure we have a case for compensation. I have posted on another thread to see what people think.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides