🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

white mobile - anyone using them?

Options
2»

Comments

• kiddo77
    Options
    Hi,

I saw your post today and thought I would respond. I have been using White Mobile for around 3 months now after being with O2 forever and I have never looked back! My bill is down from around £35 month on contract to £10. I tried the White Mobile bundles and found that the £10 bundle worked for my usage. The bundles do offer better value than the standard PAYG rates. Details are on the White Mobile site.

I have an unlocked iPhone 4S and the SIM went in fine. All in all, I am a very happy camper!:j How are you finding them?
  • tyllwyd
    tyllwyd Posts: 5,496 Forumite
    Options
    I have to say, I'm very happy. I've got the SIM in the spare phone so in a typical month I don't use a bundle's-worth of anything, so the PAYG rates are really good for me. And I like the fact that the website is very simple and unfussy - instead of Orange where there are lots of screens to go through, and pages with out of date information, the White Mobile website just works.

I've got a SIM which I am going to put in my main phone (it came the next day after I ordered it) but I'm waiting for the best time to try to transfer my number over - I've never done it before with any network, so I'm a bit nervous of doing it!
  • Herongull
    Herongull Posts: 1,356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    But the White Mobile bundles are very poor value for money compared with alternatives!

For example, White Mobile charge £10 for 250 minutes, 250mb data and 250 texts.

Ovivo give you 200 minutes, 300 texts, and 500mb free each month

Giffgaff charge £7.50 for 200 minutes, unlimited texts and 250mb, and £10 for 500 minutes, unlimited texts and 1Gb.

However White mobile are competitive for very light users as calls to landlines cost 3p per minute, to mobiles 6p and texts are 5p, so useful for emergency phone in glovebox or whatever.
  • Joyful
    Joyful Posts: 2,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think Three's PAYG prices are great for low users. 3p min, 2p text. 1p per mb.
    Self Employed, Running my Dream Jobs
  • kiddo77
    Options
    I have family in South Africa and the White Mobile bundle includes landline minutes to there, I am not sure the likes of Ovivo and giffgaff offer this. I have also found the 3G coverage better with White, compared to O2. I agree about the web site, easy to use!
  • leilabd
    Options
    Only just seen this thread but thought I'd feed back anyway.

I've been using WhiteMobile for over a year now and am very happy with them. I'm not a heavy user but do have a smartphone, so need some data. I need to be on EE's network where I live and had tried Vectone, but they almost immediately put up their prices, so I tried WhiteMobile instead. I just use PAYG, not any of the packages. Calls and texts between customers are free so long as you have >50p credit, so we've also bought a SIM for an elderly neighbour to use.

You have to make a chargeable call/text every 60 days and I seem to remember the number porting process left me without my number for the best part of a (rather anxious) day.

As previously noted, the web site is easy to use. Although very helpful, the customer service centre staff have accents that I find it a little difficult to understand, so if I need additional help, I tend to email them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport