IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

POPLA Appeal help please - Athena ANPR (lidl car park)

124»

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Well done Diva and thanks for the transcript.

A couple of bits of claptrap in the Assessor's decision.
    The Appellant submits that the notice to keeper does not comply with Schedule 4 as the Operator has failed to identify itself as the creditor. Under paragraph 2(1) of the Act, “the creditor” means a person who is for the time being entitled to recover unpaid parking charges from the driver of the vehicle”. The Operator has produced a copy of the notice to keeper sent to the Appellant, and I note is does not specifically specify itself as a creditor.
    However, it is apparent that Athena ANPR Ltd are the person entitled to recover the unpaid parking charge. The notice gives all the relevant details of the ‘period of parking’; was ‘given’ within 14 days of the date of the alleged contravention; and, invites the keeper to name the driver. The Appellant does not appear to have named the driver. Therefore, I am satisfied that the notice complies with all the relevant requirements of paragraph 9 of the Schedule.

If PoFA requires the creditor to be identified, then the 'reasoning' above cannot be correct.
    The Operator does not appear to dispute that the sum represents damages, and has not attempted to justify the charge as a genuine pre-estimate of loss. They simply state that they do not believe that that charge is not excessive, but have not elaborated in any sufficient detail their justification why.

Nice double negative. If they do not believe the charge is not excessive, then it must be excessive! QED.

Nonetheless a win is a win.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    f I had gone through the popla process with Lidl like you, and won, my next step would be gong back to Lidl and demanding that they:

Reimburse me for the time wasted in this
    Take immediate action to ensure that this will never happen again, such as removing the parking company from their store, or disabling their equipment ( placing a bag over the camera)
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Your assessor needs a slap from their manager.

They obviously didn't scan your appeal looking for an easy win [GPEOL] and instead wasted time on your first point.

What was the assessors name??
  • What is the timeframe in which a civil parking charge notice must be sent ???

Thanks
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Barry start your own thread instead of bumping a thread from more than a month ago
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    barry.1978 wrote: »
    What is the timeframe in which a civil parking charge notice must be sent ???

Thanks
    What did you learn before you posted, when you first arrived on this forum board and read the sticky threads at the top? Kind of surprised at all the new threads this week where no-one has read these...sigh:

Sticky: NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? EVEN AN OLD ONE? ***READ THIS FIRST*** Thankyou!

and

Sticky: Successful complaints about private parking tickets - how to get them cancelled!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure