Lowells/Lloyds defaults

Options
13»

Comments

• Janeyxox
    Janeyxox Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    He has 2 because he had a loan and then he lost his job so the loan was being paid by his overdraft so 1 is £1789 and it other is £2587. Maybe we got a fake letter too as we had a letter from Lloyds telling us it had been sold on.... It's just ridiculous I get tired of there letters
  • MrSilk
    MrSilk Posts: 1,499 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does he have any statements from when he had the account to see how much is charges?

Lowell's have been known to wait until just before the 6 years is up to take further action.

Letters are better than their calls on your mobile and at your place of work!!
  • Janeyxox
    Options
    Yeah I've got statements but I don't really know what I'm looking at. It's hard to know if the payment was taken or sent back etc. If they take court action and it's paid off within the 28 days does the default have to stay for another 6 years or does it still come off 6 years from the default date? If thats the case we will just have to make sure we have enough to pay it off :( so depressing! My hubby is nearly 30 and he took this loan out when he was 18 and then renewed when he nearly finished paying it! Ah well just keep plodding on! :)
  • happy_bunny_2
    happy_bunny_2 Posts: 4,488 Forumite
    Options
    At least if any court action happens you get 28 days to pay to avoid it going on your file if you lose.
    :beer:
  • Janeyxox
    Options
    That's what I was thinking happy bunny do you know if the default stays for another 6 years or if the clock just carries on ticking from
    The original default date? Thanks
  • Janeyxox
    Options
    That's what I was thinking happy bunny do you know if the default stays for another 6 years or if the clock just carries on ticking from
    The original default date? Thanks
  • happy_bunny_2
    happy_bunny_2 Posts: 4,488 Forumite
    Options
    Defaults drop off 6 years from default date paid or not.

A CCJ would stay 6 years from date granted, unless paid within 28 days.
    :beer:
  • Janeyxox
    Options
    Brilliant so hopefully either by paying or not paying we will still be able to get a mortgage in the next 2/3 years xxx I hope! Lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure