We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Sky Broadband

Options
I've moved into a new house about a month ago, and been without BB and i hate it...lol i am considering sky BB as its so cheap. however some reports i've heard arent that good! can anyone give me some thoughts on this pls? :confused::confused:

Comments

• crossleydd42
    crossleydd42 Posts: 1,065 Forumite
    Options
    I've had the basic version since November and...........it's great. It was easy to set up and available on time. The free bit's a bonus, too, after paying £17:99 a month previously! I still use my Yahoo email address.
    "Some say the cup is half empty, while others say it is half full. However, this is skirting around the issue. The real problem is that the cup is too big."
  • Wayne3765
    Wayne3765 Posts: 631 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Raver2k7 wrote: »
    i am considering sky BB as its so cheap. however some reports i've heard arent that good! :confused::confused:

I was in the same situation two months ago but decided to risk it , now I have been online with Sky for a month I just wish I'd migrated earlier as it's been perfect so far.
    It has slowed down a little in the evenings a couple of times but otherwise it's fast and very stable , according to my router stats I've currently been connected at 4480 kbps ( used to be on a 3.5 Mb profile on old isp ) for 158 hours , would've been longer but I unplugged the router to work on the electrical socket roughly 158 hours ago ;) .

Just ran some speed tests ~ test 1 , test 2 a throughput of 3788kbps from a 4480 sync speed is as good as it gets.
  • vinnyutd6899
    Options
    Raver2k7 wrote: »
    I've moved into a new house about a month ago, and been without BB and i hate it...lol i am considering sky BB as its so cheap. however some reports i've heard arent that good! can anyone give me some thoughts on this pls? :confused::confused:

been with sky for 2 months and it really is great! 1 0r 2 problems but apart from that i am saving £14 a month and getting 8 x faster speed around 8000kbps :T :rotfl: :D :j :beer: :A
  • smogzy
    smogzy Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    Been with them for 3 months and quite happy. £10 a month for 7mb is great imo.

I did have few teething problems which where due to BT and transfering my MAC code. I also had some bad connection problems at the start but this was because my max connection speed was set at a level that my line couldn't support.

Since then its been fine.
  • Raver2k7
    Raver2k7 Posts: 248 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks guys. i called them today, but the only BB with them thats available in my area is the Connect for a £40 connection fee and then £17.99 a month. still not sure!!!
  • insomniac
    insomniac Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    They dropped our connection after about 3 months and it took them 5 weeks to fix it. In the end we were calling them daily - they eventually even lost our ticket from their support system. They are terrible at returning calls or even putting you through to someone with any knowledge. I once waited on hold for 15 minutes to finally be told (by a human) to call back later! It was only with help from some insiders at skyuser.co.uk that we got online again. A written complaint got us a 1 month credit but it's little consolation.

Check skyuser.co.uk for lots of opinions.
  • Raver2k7
    Raver2k7 Posts: 248 Forumite
    Options
    wildo! thanks :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts