A polite suggestion.... And a bit of help!

Options

Comments

• Vals2402
    Vals2402 Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you - very useful post

With regards to Tweet about the giveaway, I always c&p what I thought was the URL before I actually tweet and I notice you mentioned the view tweet (which I've never even noticed before - oops) and get the URL from their, does that mean I've been doing it wrong all this time?
  • eyeballpaul
    Options
    A very interesting and informative post, but I must confess it will make me less likely to enter them. I like quick and simple in a competition entry and move on quickly.

Good luck to those who enter them though
    thanks to all posters

I've changed my facebook username to NOBODY so when I enter FB comps I press the "Like" button it will say NOBODY likes this
  • Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,644 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Vals2402 wrote: »
    Thank you - very useful post

With regards to Tweet about the giveaway, I always c&p what I thought was the URL before I actually tweet and I notice you mentioned the view tweet (which I've never even noticed before - oops) and get the URL from their, does that mean I've been doing it wrong all this time?

Sorry, but yes. They want to see their tweet showing on your twitter status. The correct url to copy will include your username and the word 'status' - assuming I've been doing it right :D

Blu X
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,722 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you, lots of useful information.

Much appreciated.
  • Blue___Nile
    Blue___Nile Posts: 2,778 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Thank you for this thread, very interesting reading. However, I was just wondering about the tweet URL.

After I get confirmation that the tweet has been posted I c+p the URL which is at the top of the box i.e. above where it says your tweet has been posted e.g. it starts off 'https://twitter.com/intent/tweet/complete?latest_status_id......................................

Is this wrong as well?

Seems a bit of a pain to have to go 2 extra steps to copy the tweet URL i.e. hitting the button to view the tweet and then c+p the tweet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx :)
    Growing old is unavoidable. However, growing up is still optional.
  • ikkle87
    ikkle87 Posts: 8,449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you for this thread, very interesting reading. However, I was just wondering about the tweet URL.

After I get confirmation that the tweet has been posted I c+p the URL which is at the top of the box i.e. above where it says your tweet has been posted e.g. it starts off 'https://twitter.com/intent/tweet/complete?latest_status_id......................................

Is this wrong as well?

Seems a bit of a pain to have to go 2 extra steps to copy the tweet URL i.e. hitting the button to view the tweet and then c+p the tweet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx :)

Yes it's wrong but you don't need to go 2 extra steps. Right click on the link that says view your tweet and select copy link location then you can just press paste on the box on the rafflecopter form.
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
  • Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,644 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks again Jaibaby. I've just pmed Velvet Glove to ask about adding your OP to the guide.

It will be so much quicker and easier now to answer questions on rc, just by pointing people to your summary.
    :T:T:T:A:T:T:T

Blu X
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • VelvetGlove
    VelvetGlove Posts: 12,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 6 October 2013 at 12:56PM
    Options
    What a fab thread, thanks jaibaby and everyone else who contributed. (A special thanks to Blulu for sending me a pm to let me know about it and so I can add it to the Guide! :A)

I'll add a link to this thread into the Guide (Like I did with compsalex's thread about using Roboform to complete the 'no thanks' boxes.)

Two major benefits to linking to this thread as opposed to copying the cotent into the Guide:

1) If info is added/amended, the Guide stays current with this thread being maintained.
    2) More foot traffic (or should that be mouse traffic..?) to this thread when people can ask questions that are RC specific and give the thanks where it is due.

Give me a few moments as I'll need to add a new topic into the Guide for this, I'll be back in a jiffy with a link to the bit in the Guide....

... back! OK here's the link to the section added into the Guide:

More Advanced - then scroll down to:

5 Do you have any tips for entering Rafflecopter comps?

That should do the trick :)
    Sad because you don't know what to do? :sad: Comping question? Take a look in the Comping Guide to find out :smiley:
  • fnc63
    fnc63 Posts: 4,018 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for the post :)
    can i just stick a couple of points in
    jaibaby wrote: »
    • Firstly, you DON'T have to be a Facebook or Twitter user. You can sign up with just your email address.

but some first mandatory fields may require you to have these accounts

9f624f91-7a6b-454a-af66-acb6883dc045_zps29c93728.jpg
    You MUST click on "View it on Twitter" -
    actually you dont have to, what i do is right click on "View it on Twitter" and choose copy shortcut/link location ;)

Another big mistake on Rafflecopter is that when it comes to comments on Blog posts, follows on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram - is that people sometimes don't use the same name.

I've done it, used jaibaby as a username on something but put my real name in the Rafflecopter form :o Massive fail on my part because if I was lucky enough to be picked, the promoter wouldn't be able to link my username with my real name. Such a simple mistake but so often done :(

this ones actually a question rather than a tip,
    on twitter i use my @name like it asks for and in the blog comment i put my real name which isnt the same but there it asks for an email address so i just assume that if your comment was the chosen winning entry they would contact you that way and it doesnt matter how you signed into rafflecopter or what name/handle you used anywhere else, is that wrong ?

2014 WTD ~ CH10OC50CW55PC10AB25BA120SB15OC30BC160BV105OC30CT20GC10GB100
    :shhh:

Apparently everything has a happy ending and if you havent arrived at the happiness, it hasnt ended yet :think:

• jaibaby
    jaibaby Posts: 4,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    fnc63 wrote: »
    thanks for the post :)
    can i just stick a couple of points in

this ones actually a question rather than a tip,
    on twitter i use my @name like it asks for and in the blog comment i put my real name which isnt the same but there it asks for an email address so i just assume that if your comment was the chosen winning entry they would contact you that way and it doesnt matter how you signed into rafflecopter or what name/handle you used anywhere else, is that wrong ?

Yes of course, I never even thought about right clicking view before - will sit down tomorrow when the kiddies are in school and add / delete :)

What I mean with the name bit hun, some blogs / sites use different things for the comments. Disqus, commentluv etc - some you login to - so if you comment using the username of fnc63 - but you put your real name in the RC form - how will they know that fnc63 is connected to your name? Some promoters just skim the comments bit to ensure that "Joe Bloggs" has commented, but if JB has commented as "Username3" - there is no link, not all of them check the emails used, IYSWIM xx

(Especially worth noting if you comment as "Anon")
    Thanks to all posters :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport