Lightbulbs !!!!

Options

Comments

• JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 5 October 2013 at 9:59AM
    Options
    Azari wrote: »
    That's interesting as I think Tesco have started selling more expesive versions now.

As luck would have it I need and SES CFC for a lamp where I bought an LED but found the dispersal pattern made it all but useless.

I actually checked this morning on line and they are charging £3.60 for a 7w (30w Eqv) or £5.00 for a 9w (40w Eqv).

However, I won't object if the bulb has a reasonably fast start up and good colour balance.

You seem to know alot about light bulbs! EDIT - this may not now be true due to incorrect use of abbreviations. It's difficult to know if it's a typo or lack of knowledge.

Personally when I need one I just take the old one to tesco, open up some boxes to find one that fits and then buy that one.

Interesting tip while this works for lighbulbs its frowned upon when you use the same shopping technique to buy condoms.
  • Azari
    Azari Posts: 4,317 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    JReacher1 wrote: »
    You seem to know alot about light bulbs!

I used to do the stage lighting at uni and have maintained an interest in the technology ever since.
    Interesting tip while this works for lighbulbs its frowned upon when you use the same shopping technique to buy condoms.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    There are two types of people in the world: Those that can extrapolate information.
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Easiest way is when buying a new light fitting look at the type of bulb needed and then only buy them that match :)
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • Zedicus
    Zedicus Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Storck wrote: »
    Easiest way is when buying a new light fitting look at the type of bulb needed and then only buy them that match :)

Easily said but if you move into somewhere with mainly twist fit but big screw fit in the living room fitting and those two pronged affairs in the kitchen, and your bedside lamps have small screw, you're lumbered before you even start.
  • Blackpool_Saver
    Options
    Don't even get me started on this subject, why do the darned things blow all the time, and they go with a hell of a bang too !!!!!
    Blackpool_Saver is female, and does not live in Blackpool

• zax47
    zax47 Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    Options
    I used to do the stage lighting at uni and have maintained an interest in the technology ever since.

Really? Then surely you would know the correct term is CCFL (Cold Cathode Flourescent Lamp), not "CFC". CFCs are banned gases accused of destroying the Ozone layer!!
  • Azari
    Options
    zax47 wrote: »
    Really? Then surely you would know the correct term is CCFL (Cold Cathode Flourescent Lamp), not "CFC". CFCs are banned gases accused of destroying the Ozone layer!!

What I intended to type was 'CFL' for 'compact fluorescent'. It was just a typo.
    There are two types of people in the world: Those that can extrapolate information.
  • zax47
    zax47 Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    Options
    What I intended to type was 'CFL' for 'compact fluorescent'. It was just a typo.

Typo'd twice in post #8 and again in post #11... :cool:
  • Azari
    Options
    zax47 wrote: »
    Typo'd twice in post #8 and again in post #11... :cool:

LOL, I think you have far too much time on your hands. :D

Yes, I made a mistake and picked the wrong initialism and once I'd done so it stuck for a bit.

Or do you really think that I don't know the difference between a gas and a lightbub?
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    LOL, I think you have far too much time on your hands. :D

Yes, I made a mistake and picked the wrong initialism and once I'd done so it stuck for a bit.

Or do you really think that I don't know the difference between a gas and a lightbub?

I think that is what he is insinuating.

Obviously you do now but that might be because he's explained your mistake.

Of course its impossible to know either way but I wouldn't let it bother you. I doubt anyone really cares if you did know or didn't.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure