Upgrade with T-Mobile or Carphone Warehouse?

Options
Morning All :)

OK I have 2 contracts with T Mobile, both were taken out with them directly, I upgraded the first one in May direct with T Mobile and got a Samsung Galaxy S4, I was not "thrilled" with the deal but at the time I really wanted the phone and it had only been out a few weeks so took the deal on offer, after a little bartering I manages to get double data fro free, anyhow the second contract is now ready for upgrade, I spoke to them yesterday about the Sony Xperia Z1, after much though I have decided to get another S4 it is a fabulous phone once you get used to the size of it.

I can get it from T Mobile on a £41 a month contract for free, this time though I had a bit more time to research and have found a much better deal, if I upgrade with the Carphone Warehouse, same price however 10 times more data which is essential what is the use of 4g or even 3g with a stingy 1gb data allowance, I can eat that in a day! Still unlimited minutes and texts but here is the carrot, they will also throw in a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 inch tablet for free! No we all have tablets anyway apart from my darling wife who has been protesting that she is more than happy with her netbook and does not need one, well I know when she uses one for a while she will be more than happy so to get another for free seems like a great deal.

However, I have never had any dealings with the Carphone Warehouse, are they ok? What is it like to upgrade with them rather than the network? I am having a year of zero credit checks to help strengthen my file ready for an event next year, I kn ow if I stay with T Mobile direct then the upgrade will be credit check free will this be the case with CW? Also will it then be them that bills me or will my existing payment arrangements with T Mobile still stand? Is there anything I need to be aware of before I take the plunge?

Thanks in advance :)
"You can measure a man's character by the choices he makes under pressure"
Sir Winston Churchill

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 26 September 2013 at 10:30AM
    Options
    CPW are OK.
    Your airtime contract will be directly with T-mobile that will bill you.

That said, I see S4 with unlimited data available for
    £0+24x£31 on '3'
    £69.99+24x£27 on T-mobile

So, your 'free' and unneeded tab will in fact cost you at least £266 (£400 compared to '3').
    And I am sure there are even better deals available.
  • UnderPressure
    Options
    grumbler wrote: »
    CPW are OK.
    Your airtime contract will be directly with T-mobile that will bill you.

That said, I see S4 with unlimited data available for
    £0+24x£31 on '3'
    £69.99+24x£27 on T-mobile

So, your 'free' and unneeded tab will in fact cost you at least £266 (£400 compared to '3').
    And I am sure there are even better deals available.

ahhhh I see how it works now, right thanks for the heads up, VERY much appreciated :)
    Sir Winston Churchill
  • mochynbach
    Options
    In case you weren't aware......Just to add.....go through Quidco, many companies are offering cashback on mobile contracts if you order through quidco.com just had my £50 confirmed for my upgrade in August. Some are offering £100+.

I ordered on behalf of someone through carphone warehouse website, again via quidco, and they got their phone 2 days later, easy transaction and fuss free, online chat help was really good.
  • robbies_gal
    Options
    cpw are fine andif its an upgrade on the same network u wont get a credit check
    What goes around-comes around
  • UnderPressure
    Options
    Thanks for the relies guys, I appreciate it ;) I missed the cashback boat dohhh did not even enter my head!

I did find a better deal than the one that was on offer and decided to take the plunge at 2 pm yesterday, entered all my details got a confirmation email telling me they had received the order and I would receive a despatch confirmation with a DPD tracking number, wonderful arranged for myself to be at home all day today to take delivery, job done or so I thought!

Still this morning no despatch email, no tracking number nothing! So I just telephoned them, they said they could not find me on their system and they would not be able to view my account until 24 hours after I placed the order so I have to ring back after 2pm today, I said I am expecting delivery today and he said oh well it may still arrive. LOL I had a bad feeling about them to begin with hence this whole thread, I will see if they can offer anything in the way of common sense after 2pm and if not they can shove the tablet and I will upgrade with the network.

mad mad mad wasted day!
    Sir Winston Churchill
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills