Puzz tries again.. this time with claws... My DMP Journey. I will get debt free...

Options

Comments

• Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    So countdown is on... 6 days until dd is off....:( But I am very hopeful that she will make lovely friends and grow some wings and fly...:D... If it doesn't turn out like that well she can try something else, nothing is set in stone...

Money News..

Wow.. is all I can say.. what a good job I did some saving.. we have spent in excess of £1k so far and still have a list to finish....luckily oh paid for the laptop and my dad came up trumps with £500 to help out now and £100 for dd's fresher week.... cheque should clear in time for next bout of shopping on Wednesday....

I have paid my normal dmp payments this month but will be reducing the next 2 definite, and thinking maybe 3 as I think I may be hit with a demand for a deposit payment for second year housing before I have time to save for it..not sure will think on that one...

Got statements through from 2 of my cc's now being managed by westcot, payments hadn't hit the accounts despite paying on 3rd and statements dated 28th.. So I rang wescot, bless the chap didn't really know much at all....worrying isn't it.. I have swapped back to paying the cc's direct which I told him I could do as the letters from them said so.... he also didn't know about who updates CRA's... told me it only updates when debt paid off.. silly boy....

Weight News..

I have managed to lose 6lb during August... :j And that is without much exercise, so I will be ramping that up next week..

Not a lot else to report at the minute, its all uni, uni, uni... poor dd still terrified/excited..... can't wait for the end of the month so we can hopefully all be settled..

I am working today and tomorrow and then off until next Monday...

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Evening..
    All shopped out, spent a fortune but dd has lots of lovely new clothes, all needed as hasn't had many over the last few years...
    Nerves v excitement here...off to uni tomorrow...:eek:
    Love puzz.x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    I am so glad that yesterday is over... that was the hardest thing I have done.. she really wasn't happy and driving away leaving her, I felt like such an awful mum... pleased to say that she rang within half an hour to say it wasn't so bad and then continued to ring or text throughout the afternoon/early evening until she went out with her roommates.. Last night was tough, OH went to the pub pre dinner as per... but that was okay as our lives have to carry on... had some dinner and wine and went to bed.... every time I woke I worried, but have this morning had some texts and all seems okay....

My plans include clearing out my house of all the tat that doesn't need to be here.. clearing up dd's room and then who knows.. not all today mind as I need to be doing some work...!!

Upside of yesterday's trauma.. well for me anyway... I have slipped finally under 11 stone and now weigh 10.13.....:T So 7lb off and probably 7 ish to go...but will be starting on the exercise, maybe even tonight....

OH on nights and then he's also away at the weekend so I will be getting used to my own company.. I quite like me, so should be okay....:D

Right Puzz is off to get on with some jobs.. order ink so I can write to all my creditors about my forthcoming reduced dmp payments for a start....

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 12 September 2016 at 11:42AM
    Options
    Puzzcat wrote: »
    I am so glad that yesterday is over... that was the hardest thing I have done.. she really wasn't happy and driving away leaving her, I felt like such an awful mum... pleased to say that she rang within half an hour to say it wasn't so bad and then continued to ring or text throughout the afternoon/early evening until she went out with her roommates.. Last night was tough, OH went to the pub pre dinner as per... but that was okay as our lives have to carry on... had some dinner and wine and went to bed.... every time I woke I worried, but have this morning had some texts and all seems okay....

My plans include clearing out my house of all the tat that doesn't need to be here.. clearing up dd's room and then who knows.. not all today mind as I need to be doing some work...!!

Upside of yesterday's trauma.. well for me anyway... I have slipped finally under 11 stone and now weigh 10.13.....:T So 7lb off and probably 7 ish to go...but will be starting on the exercise, maybe even tonight....

OH on nights and then he's also away at the weekend so I will be getting used to my own company.. I quite like me, so should be okay....:D

Right Puzz is off to get on with some jobs.. order ink so I can write to all my creditors about my forthcoming reduced dmp payments for a start....

Love Puzz. x

Sending big hugs your way, Puzz:kisses3:

I'm sure you expected it to be traumatic and emotional, with DD being your only child and the pair of you being so close. You've got through it now, well done:beer:

Being able to keep in instant touch these days is such a blessing. When I went off to Uni decades ago my parents waved me off at my local railway station and off I went into the unknown. No mobile phones, emails or texts in those far off days so I expect my early contact with anxious parents was pretty scant. We all survived though:j

Do you know that old comedy song Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh? Basically it's a letter written home by a boy newly arrived at Summer Camp. He hates everything and obviously misses everyone. Suddenly the sun comes out and he starts to have a brilliant time.

Just found a link. Hope it works;)

http://http://www.oldielyrics.com/lyrics/allan_sherman/hello_muddah_hello_fadduh_a_letter_from_camp.html

Sounds as if the sun is already coming out for your lovely daughter. Once she finds her feet she'll be great:j
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Thank you cbc for your kind words and no I hadn't ever heard that song so thank you for posting the link.

Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • I forgot to congratulate you on your weight loss. Brilliant, keep it up:T
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Morning....

Right well that week disappeared.... was a tough couple of days at the beginning, but dd seem's to have found her feet..well the clubbing one's anyway..:rotfl: and seems quite settled and cheery.. so as long as she is safe and happy, I am happy and that is all good......fingers crossed it stays that way..!!

Home is quiet and was very clean as OH was away for the weekend so has stayed clean thus far...!

Diet was going okay until ... weigh day Friday.. fab hit 10.12.. but.. tapas Friday evening and lots of wine and chinese with lovely mother on Saturday.. nice hangover sunday... so back up to 11 stone Monday morning.. ho hum....did get on the treadmill yesterday after my marathon 1 and 1/2 hour chat with dd... and will try to do some exercise every evening this week..and control what I put in my mouth...!!!

Money news.. Have written to all my creditors to say I am dropping to token payments of £5 each for the next 3 months.. thought I would go for 3 so I can stash some for rent and also possible house deposit depending on what happens with uni life..!

Haven't heard anything yet, but bound to get at least one which will moan.. I am then going to re do my budget pre Christmas and my dmp payments may well drop, but hopefully not too far...

I hadn't really considered the additional costs to me with dd at uni, but as well as the rent, I am paying laptop insurance/laptop care package thingy.. have redone my life insurance, I also pay for her mobile and netflicks.. Oh well it will be what it will be, and I'm not up for tightening my belt too far.. Puzz needs a life too.. and a haircut come to that....

No social plans for the rest of the month so maybe I'll be able to afford that haircut after all... and I want to buy a new airer.. oh its the exciting things in life... mine has been broken for years and I bought a really good one for dd.. I WANT ONE... and it was £21.......:eek: but I think I can afford it this month..possibly..and preferably before dd brings all her washing home.. she is already threatening.....

Right off to do some work..

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • StressedSteph
    Options
    Hi Puzz

Fab news that Dd is settling into Uni life, I am not surprised you were traumatised, I have struggled with Ds starting senior school, let alone going away from home to University.

Sounds like you have it all organised, scary how expensive it is to get your children through uni, I have that all to come (possibly!).

Keep smiling xxx
  • January2015
    Options
    Glad your DD is settling into uni life - makes it easier for us mum's to let go a bit when we know they are settled. Fortunately for me, all mine have been through the uni bit and come out the other side.

Don't you just love self managed Puzz ? You decide you need to drop the payments to the creditors, you decide what you will pay, you decide how long you will drop to token payments for. So much easier than asking SC and having to explain everything.

I am so jealous of your tidy house. Wish my DH would go away for a while and then my house would stay clean and shiny for more than the few hours before he comes home ;)
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Hi Puzz

Fab news that Dd is settling into Uni life, I am not surprised you were traumatised, I have struggled with Ds starting senior school, let alone going away from home to University.

Sounds like you have it all organised, scary how expensive it is to get your children through uni, I have that all to come (possibly!).

Keep smiling xxx

Hi Steph, Thanks for popping by I know how busy you are with your new job and running the home... DD's years at secondary school seemed to fly by, hope its slower for you and your DS..

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts