Help O2 contract still not connected!??

Options
gamma
gamma Posts: 763 Forumite
I wonder if anyone can shed some light on this..

I applied for a sony erricson s700i from the carphone warehouse on o2 200

I received the phone from them and in the package was no sim card?
So I called them up and they posted the simcard out the next day..
I then received the simcard and left it off for 2 days and when I turn the phone on (in another nokia) it says Sim Card Registration failed..

So I took it that it wasnt connected yet? (no money has been taken from my account except the initial cost to get the phone)

2 weeks later(im using a pay as you go in the SE) the simcard is still not working..
(Sim registration failed) So I call them up and ask whats the crack?

They tell me that they are sorry etc... and took the new sim number and told me it will be activated within the next 24 hours..

Its now been 6 weeks and still nothing?! Im not going to phone them again because Why should I bother?

O2 has sent me an information pack in the post and thats all....

No money for line rental etc has come from my accounts..

My question is this:

Should I just keep it quite and leave it till they realise? and when they do reject the contract and get a better new/phone/contract?

Or phone them and ask whats going on? (20 minutes on the phone and no joy)?

Where do I stand in this?

Thanks for reading

Comments

• bbb_uk
    bbb_uk Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Options
    You could keep quite and hope you have got away with it. If they do catch on though you will have to pay them as it will be too late to reject the goods especially as the 14 day policy has expired. You may get away with rejecting the goods (sim card) as faulty but as far as i'm aware you only have a "reasonable" time to do this.

There is no specification as to what is "reasonable" according to trading standards as it depends on what the product is and how often you would normally use it, etc. I therefore suspect that say 2 months+ down the line you could not reject them as you will have had plenty of time to "test" the product and therefore refund would be out of the question although they would have to send out a new sim card.

View this leaflet from Trading Standards website. A quarter of the way down the page it has a section on refunds, etc under the heading, "What are you entitled to ask for?"

I'm only know bits about the law and therefore don't take my word on it. For further information ring your local Trading Standards
  • andy88_2
    andy88_2 Posts: 3,676 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I doubt it would be wise to do nothing; at some stage some department might start billing you.

When I first connected to O2, it took 3 attempts - with 3 phone numbers. This was spread through an afternoon though, not 2 months. And then, when I sent the contract forms in, I received two sequences of letters asking me to send them in. Slightly shambolic a couple of years ago, and still like it now occasionally apparently.

I'd talk to them; start the contract from now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure