🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

why are some people entitled to a council house but others are not?

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• ciderwithrosie_2
    Options
    FatVonD wrote: »
    Ah, I see, so everything has to remain standard, I don't think I'd like that. That's not to say I wouldn't be grateful to be offered one if I needed it but I think I''d feel like I was permanently living at Butlins if I couldn't change anything!

It is a bit like that but without the Redcoats and bingo :rotfl:

Worse for the tenants in the Navy houses we have round here, they're not allowed to change anything at all, carpets have to stay, the walls/skirtings must be blemish free on leaving etc.
    Not easy when most are occupied by young families. My mate hated it when she had to live in one for a while.
    Over futile odds
    And laughed at by the gods
    And now the final frame
    Love is a losing game
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It is a bit like that but without the Redcoats and bingo :rotfl:

That would obviously be the decider for me :D
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    FatVonD wrote: »
    Didn't you post recently that you regularly walk home from gigs alone wheeling your bass amp on a trolley?

In periods of remission, yes, I do. Hasn't happened for a while though, unfortunately - but friends have carried my stuff for me instead, I've used the backline provided by the venue rather than my own amp - and the most recent gigs have been approximately 125 yards from my front door. Five minutes' walk for ordinary mortals, a lot more for me.

At the moment, I've got a cast on one foot, so I'm even more useless than usual - they've brought round their gear to rehearse at mine so I don't have to make it to rehearsal rooms, bring food, and when it comes to the next gig, somebody will set up my gear for me. They're all very sweet and I feel crap having it happen, but I'd never leave the house or do anything otherwise.

Why?
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills