My RTA and direct line.

Options
i feel so down, angry and heart broken. i was in a RTA about 3 years ago. im still healing as i was very badly hurt. i tryed to work and the pain was so bad i had to stop. the person that hit me had his car insurance with Direct line and he got his insurance even tho he is diabetic.

im in pain everyday of my life i cant play with my little girl in the park or go play football with my mates anymore. The RTA has changed my life and left me with very little to look forward too.

i am covered in scares (belly back face legs arms and hands) i was in hospital for 3 weeks, had whiplash for a long time and was on a crutch for over 6 months.

Direct line have done nothing but make my life very hard. they give me £1000 weeks after the RTA and i have had nothing off them since. Not once have i been treated with any respect

after three years i have asked them again for more money as i cant finish the claim till the doctors have fully assessed my recovery. direct line said they will not give me anymore money till the claim is settled, but it might take over a year still for the doctors to fully understand how bad the damage is and how much it will affect my life.

direct line sent me an offer to settle. the offer was not even 10% of what the claim is worth and have made out that its a fantastic offer and i should take it.

i don't want to settle for an offer that is so low as i struggle to walk now so in 5/10 years its only going to get worse.

i have worked from 15 years old iv never been arrested or told off by the police, and i worked hard for my family and friends, now direct line think they can use there big business clout to kick me under the carpet and are doing it in the most rude and unhelpful manner.

they have tuck full responsibility for the RTA but still will not help me get better and try and move on. i need help! i cant work im in pain 24/7 im missing out on my little girls life and i will never run again. im on the edge and direct line just dont care. please help me if you can.

thanks for reading.

Comments

• BertTheRaccoon
    Options
    it sounds like you are dealing directly with Direct Line and not using a solicitor to act on your behalf. Is this correct?

If so, get in touch with a solicitor to take the claim on as it sounds to me like the insurers are just messing you about and further interim payments may be appropriate.
  • rudekid48
    rudekid48 Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Seriously - you need to get some proper legal assistance with this, it is the only way that you are going to get anywhere fast...
    All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.
  • vaio
    vaio Posts: 12,287 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dealing direct for a damaged car *might* be ok, dealing direct for PI isn't and you need to get your own solicitors to handle it for you
  • middletonmark
    Options
    thanks for reading. i have a solicitor and they have said it could take months to get a date for a court case, and thats just for an interim payment. but non if it seems right. my life has changed for the worse and i cant see how they can say no and i dont understand why there not willing to pay anything when they have tuck full responsibility.
  • spacey2012
    spacey2012 Posts: 5,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    A good solicitor will make them pay you a monthly interim payment.
    If you do have a solicitor, might be time to sack them and get someone a bit more on the ball.
    A claim like this is potentially 7 figures, so it is not something to be left to an insurance company to decide, it is going to need a court ruling.
    Be happy...;)
  • ukmike
    ukmike Posts: 751 Forumite
    Options
    and he got his insurance even tho he is diabetic.
    Since when does being a diabetic stop you getting car insurance?Remember there are over 3 million diabetics in this country,including me.
  • rudekid48
    rudekid48 Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    Options
    ukmike wrote: »
    Since when does being a diabetic stop you getting car insurance?Remember there are over 3 million diabetics in this country,including me.

Maybe he was stuffing his face with chocolate at the time of the crash...
    All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.
  • middletonmark
    Options
    im not saying a diabetic should not drive, im saying that if you are a diabetic and you hit someone because you had a fit then the person you hit should not have to suffer for three years and be treated with disrespect.

its not my fault that the driver is diabetic and i was not the one who give him insurance to drive, but i am the one with lasting scares and injuries with no way of getting back to work anytime soon and im the one finding day to day life very hard not them.

i just dont understand how you can let an "at risk driver" on the roads and not have something in place just incase they hit anyone.
  • vaio
    vaio Posts: 12,287 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    .........i just dont understand how you can let an "at risk driver" on the roads and not have something in place just incase they hit anyone.

There is something in place for *all* drivers who cause harm, it's called compulsory insurance.

But, for it to work you need to get a competent solicitor to fight your corner and make sure you get what you are entitled to inc interim payments
  • middletonmark
    Options
    but if your at more risk of causing harm to others like a diabetic, then the people who give you insurance should have a plan in place to support the people who get hurt. without all of the fuss i have had.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure