France Sanef Toll

whiskywhisky1
whiskywhisky1 Posts: 4 Newbie
Hi

A week ago I was in France, travelled from Paris to Calais and did not have any money when I reached the Sanef Toll (I had been mugged).

The chap at the toll did not speak English and I do not speak French, he typed a lot of info into his computer, gave me a receipt with what I think states the balance I owe etc and let me go through. There is a french number on this receipt, the number firstly takes you to a automated line (press 1 for this, press 2 for this..ect etc). With me not understanding French I have randomly selected numbers, a few times I have spent hours on this. A few times got throught to someone, and either they did not speak english or they did but I was in the wrong department.

Today same again I have spent around 3 hours but I now know how to reach the correct department, however the lady speaks very little french and did say she is working alone and we could not understand each other to make payment.

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know or heard of how to make Sanef France Toll payment afterwards? I have gone to their website and emailed them a few times without reply.

Thanks

Comments

• angelil
    angelil Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Can you scan in the front and back of the paper you received so I can look at it for you? I speak French and find it hard to believe that it wouldn't say on the paper how you're supposed to settle up.
  • They have a UK operation here - try them ?

https://www.saneftolling.co.uk/contact
  • thanks for replies.

I will look into scanning the receipt and uploading it somewhere.

I did ring the UK number, but was informed to ring Sanef France. I believe the UK either look after just the IT systems and/or the a Toll Tag you can purchase.
  • zerog
    zerog Posts: 2,478 Forumite
    If you were desperate to sort this out, you could sign up with Language Line and get an interpreter on the phone with you.

Otherwise the best bet is to find someone in your local area who speaks French to help out.

I have 2 phones and free calls to France, so I could help you by setting up a 3way convo, but my spoken French is not good enough.
  • purcel
    purcel Posts: 1,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 August 2013 at 8:04PM
    How about this: https://www.saneftolling.co.uk/support/sanef-france-customers

i speak French fluently if you need my help
  • dannny_2
    dannny_2 Posts: 169 Forumite
    angelil wrote: »
    Can you scan in the front and back of the paper you received so I can look at it for you? I speak French and find it hard to believe that it wouldn't say on the paper how you're supposed to settle up.

Being pedantic, I think reading French may be of more use on this one.:)
  • Sorry for delay, will go to a friends who has a scanner today in order to upload!

Thanks
  • angelil
    angelil Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    dannny wrote: »
    Being pedantic, I think reading French may be of more use on this one.:)

I do it all, thanks. I'm a translator! Suppose I should have said I'm fluent if you want to pedantic about it :p
  • shaunnnny
    shaunnnny Posts: 33 Forumite
    edited 2 September 2013 at 11:05PM
    It says you can pay by cheque or postal order and gives the address in bold which to send it too. I think you can withdraw from your own bank account in euro cheque.

Can you not do this and post it off maybe ?

My French isn't great but that's how I understand it

The only thing that I'm not sure about is the bottom of receipt does it say they will be adding an admin charge of €16 ?

I don't even see your vehicle details on there ??

My friend got a parking ticket in Florida and He put it in the bin and flew home, never paid it, never heard from them lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure