Sainsburys 6% Internet Saver

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• bradley_2-2
    Options
    i'm guessing that Sainsburys use a company like Experian for the Electronic Identification side of things. They'll submit your postcode and surname and forename, and back comes a score out of 100.

if you get less than 50, you fail and have to send documents in. more than 50, you're fine.

this is how I understand it.

keep in mind that much like your credit score, your 'identity score' is based mainly on what information other companies hold on you too. one wrong date of birth typed in by some chubby fingers and you might fail a check due to inconsistencies. fair enough, I say.

you can always ring the bank who say you have failed the E-ID and ask them for the Experian Reference Number of their search, then approach Experian to find answers.

hope this helps.
  • JohalaReewi
    JohalaReewi Posts: 2,614 Forumite
    Options
    Sainsburys couldn't verify me electronically either so I sent off two items of ID from their list and a couple of weeks later got a letter saying they didn't have enough ID could I send more? I rang customer support to find out what else i could send. They started off by saying I could send X, Y and Z. When I pointed out that they weren't on the list included with the letter they changed their mind and said I would have to send whatever was in the list but they didn't know what because they didn't have a copy.

Unfortunately, the list is very restrictive so finding enough original documents less than 3 months old (that haven't been shredded) is a bit of a challenge. You can't contact the people who do know what is acceptable so it is a bit hit and miss if you can't be electronically identified. Fingers crossed my second round of documents is enough.
  • taless
    taless Posts: 244 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Just applied for the Internet Saver on Saturday, and got my Access Code today. Entered the website, it seemed alright. Transferred £1.01 from my Halifax Current Account to the Internet Saver, it showed up immediately.

I tried to set up the payment mandate, it says "Initial Deposit required". I checked the previous threads and understood that it should be okay if I do it tomorrow or the day after.

I wonder is everything up and ready? Am I right to assume that my identification was successful (as it doesn't say awaiting identification)? Is there any more things to do before I use my account? If everything's okay I shall be transferring my funds from LTSB to the Internet Saver!

Thanks!
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,400 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    taless wrote: »
    Hi,

Just applied for the Internet Saver on Saturday, and got my Access Code today. Entered the website, it seemed alright. Transferred £1.01 from my Halifax Current Account to the Internet Saver, it showed up immediately.

I tried to set up the payment mandate, it says "Initial Deposit required". I checked the previous threads and understood that it should be okay if I do it tomorrow or the day after.

Yes that should be the case.
    wonder is everything up and ready? Am I right to assume that my identification was successful (as it doesn't say awaiting identification)? Is there any more things to do before I use my account? If everything's okay I shall be transferring my funds from LTSB to the Internet Saver!

Thanks!

Have you received the form which you have to sign and return yet? Normally once you return this it takes about a week to be fully operational.

I would wait until you are able to set up your payment mandate and actually make a transfer out.
  • taless
    taless Posts: 244 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Jem16! I wasn't aware there's still a form to sign, thanks for letting me know! I shall withhold the transfer for the moment.

So it's still too early for me to say that my authorization has passed? :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport