wow, thats a bit weird

Options
Its my birthday today and the arragement re pressies from dh is that I get myself something I really want, this year have ordered fab winter boots, and he will often get me a bit of something.
Well he's on earlies so just woke up to a birthday card and a bottle of Amarula cream liquor!
I don't even drink, certainly don't drink liquor.
I do remember one xmas around 1997,my bil had this and I had one glass and said it was lovely.
Not moaning honestly, really would not have minded just getting the card, and it did make me giggle this morning.
Might get really drunk on it before dh comes home hahaha
I don't get nearly enough credit for not being a violent psychopath.

Comments

• building_with_lego
    Options
    :bdaycake: Happy birthday!

They do do some odd things sometimes, don't they?!
    They call me Dr Worm... I'm interested in things; I'm not a real doctor but I am a real worm. :grin:
  • pukkamum
    pukkamum Posts: 3,942 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :bdaycake: Happy birthday!

They do do some odd things sometimes, don't they?!

Thank you, yes they really do, it's probably the most random present I've ever had.
    Suspect he had a mild panic in Morrisons last night about not having a physical gift to give me.
    The mse in me can't help wondering how much it cost:o
  • Desperado99
    Desperado99 Posts: 1,195 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy birthday :)

My OH got me a bottle of wine for valentine's day a couple of years back.......... even though we've been together 20 years and neither of us drink.

go figure!
  • starlight29
    Options
    Lol aw bless him sounds like he was trying to think of something and you saying that drink was nice years ago popped into his head lol they are strange sometimes !!

Happy birthday

Starlight
  • onlyroz
    onlyroz Posts: 17,661 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Sounds like something my mum said to me the other day. She had her cousin staying with her a few weeks back and she mentioned about how she loved Snickers bars but would never buy them because they were unhealthy and would spoil her diet. So what did her cousin do? Go out and buy her a four-pack of Snickers. Mum gave them to us :beer:
  • pukkamum
    Options
    Lol aw bless him sounds like he was trying to think of something and you saying that drink was nice years ago popped into his head lol they are strange sometimes !!

Happy birthday

Starlight

I must say I'm very surprised he remembered me saying I like it, it was fairly early in the relationship, clearly before he started hearing blah, blah, blah every time i speak:D.;)
    He's just text to say it was that or a dildo:rotfl::rotfl:
  • quidsy
    quidsy Posts: 2,181 Forumite
    Options
    I woulda took the latter :D
    I don't respond to stupid so that's why I am ignoring you.

2015 £2 saver #188 = £45
  • pukkamum
    Options
    quidsy wrote: »
    I woulda took the latter :D

Perhaps he's hoping if I drink enough of it he can bring out said dildo as an 'extra':rotfl::rotfl:
  • iamashoppingaddict
    Options
    pukkamum wrote: »
    Its my birthday today and the arragement re pressies from dh is that I get myself something I really want, this year have ordered fab winter boots, and he will often get me a bit of something.
    Well he's on earlies so just woke up to a birthday card and a bottle of Amarula cream liquor!
    I don't even drink, certainly don't drink liquor.
    I do remember one xmas around 1997,my bil had this and I had one glass and said it was lovely.
    Not moaning honestly, really would not have minded just getting the card, and it did make me giggle this morning.
    Might get really drunk on it before dh comes home hahaha

Its my birthday today too!!! :beer: Happy birthday too you!

I got a card from my OH with a promise that we'll go shopping 'at some point'. I didn't get a present because 'you didn't tell me what you wanted'. A surprise or thinking for himself would have been nice, but I'm probably being too optimistic!!! lol

I'll be dragging him into town sooner rather than later I think!!! :rotfl:
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Love this post, specially the dildo bit. I was going to say that I thought it was something like a wooden rail you put round the middle of the wall in a room but someone would have come up and said ;no, that's a dado' but that's just my sense of humour working overtime lol.

Happy birthday to you both, hope you each have a lovely day.

Annie
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport