Screachy children being anti social.

Options
Hello to one and all.

I have a bit of a problem.

Near my abode is a childrens playground, and sometimes, if the weather is agreeable, the local days nursery brings a band of its merry inmates down for a play session.

"Nothing to see here" you may well be thinking. However, you would be wrong.

The toddlers don't play nicely, they play a screaming game, the game only seems to have one rule "You must all run about screaming, the loudest wins"

The staff just sit there, looking into their raspberries and texting their boyfriends (I guess)

Its starting to drive me bananas , whats the best approach to get the staff to tell the children to play a better game?

Comments

• Treevo
    Treevo Posts: 1,937 Forumite
    Options
    Children actually making noise in a children's playground?! Whatever next?!!!!
  • browneyedbazzi
    Options
    Walk over and politely explain that the noise is disturbing you and ask if they could encourage the children to be quieter.

At the same time, accept that if you live within shouting distance of a children's play park there is going to be a some noise.
    Common sense?...There's nothing common about sense!
  • _Freddie_
    _Freddie_ Posts: 77 Forumite
    Options
    Walk over and politely explain that the noise is disturbing you and ask if they could encourage the children to be quieter.

At the same time, accept that if you live within shouting distance of a children's play park there is going to be a some noise.

I dont agree with the last bit.

Its like saying if you live near a pub you should expect drunks pucking and fighting on your street. This is not the case. Children and adults behaving anti socially should be curbed for the benefit of all.
  • Mallotum_X
    Mallotum_X Posts: 2,588 Forumite
    Options
    How long have you lived in your house, how long has the playground been there?
  • MrSmartprice
    MrSmartprice Posts: 17,625 Forumite
    Options
    When you acquire your pet badger, bag up all of its little 'calling cards' and spread them liberally over the kiddies' playground. Badger poo has quite a musty and offensive odour so their parents will soon get fed up with them returning home covered in it, and will soon find another playground to despoil.
  • _Freddie_
    _Freddie_ Posts: 77 Forumite
    Options
    Mallotum_X wrote: »
    How long have you lived in your house, how long has the playground been there?

It was always there, the nursery school, less long.
  • pimento
    pimento Posts: 6,243 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You need your own toddler. Once you have one you'll go deaf.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -- Red Adair
  • pukkamum
    pukkamum Posts: 3,942 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Are you in my house? I have 3 screechy, anti-social kids in the garden.
    I don't get nearly enough credit for not being a violent psychopath.
  • Tish_P
    Tish_P Posts: 812 Forumite
    Options
    Go to the library.
  • wiogs
    wiogs Posts: 2,744 Forumite
    Options
    _Freddie_ wrote: »
    It was always there, the nursery school, less long.

I appreciate that the house itself has been there since the very beginning of time but that doesn't answer the question asked.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure