🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Fighting to be free!

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,718 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy new diary :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • How_Did_That_Happen?
    Options
    Good luck AnnieBox! The money you made on ebay is really impressive. You've inspired me to have a look round the house to find things to start selling again.
    Total Debt at LBM (Dec 12) 22,255.26

New year New LBM!
    Current debt: 19,045.03
  • AnnieBox
    AnnieBox Posts: 116 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I have sold some more of my old doll clothes which has netted me another £150! I have officially cut my debt down by a whole month now which is super exciting! Looking at 6 months now, hopefully 5 when me and my partner make our usual monthly deposits also.

Also today is pay day so I'm going to trot off to the ATM in my lunch break and take out my money. New money management plan comes into effect today!
    Paid off my debts, saved up my cash and now I'm finally buying my own home!
  • Calfuray
    Calfuray Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Just to check, once your last car finance payment comes out, what's the plan for that money?

If you were to put the £212 onto your current debts come October, would that help you have a closer end date?

Good luck!
  • sammr85
    sammr85 Posts: 740 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Annie. Welcome to the DFW boards. Sounds like your making good progress paying off your debts. Will be following your journey

Samm x
    Total Debt at LBM - £19107.03
    Total now - £11091.22
  • AnnieBox
    AnnieBox Posts: 116 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Calfuray wrote: »
    Just to check, once your last car finance payment comes out, what's the plan for that money?

If you were to put the £212 onto your current debts come October, would that help you have a closer end date?

Good luck!

Hiya, that is EXACTLY what I am doing with the money freed up from the car finance. My timescales already have that amount factored in :) it's one if the reasons I'm so excited that it will be paid off!
  • HOK3Y
    HOK3Y Posts: 1,667 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Wow you have done super well on Ebay - bravo! It's also great to just clear out things you know you don't need. A psychological double whammy. Best of luck to you being debt free very soon indeed! :)
    Credit Card Freedom gained 14 Feb 2014!!
    Total Debt Freedom gained 29 Apr 2014!!
    Savings goal 30/9/23: £72,000/£538,001.....yes I'm serious!
    Total Debt August 2013: [STRIKE]$21,587[/STRIKE] April 2014: $0!!!!:j
  • AnnieBox
    Options
    I have logged into my Barclaycard today and made an immensely satisfying £515 payment. That is the total amount which I have made so far by selling old unused things off either on eBay or privately within my hobby community.

This journey is starting to feel exciting, because I finally feel like I'm really getting somewhere!
  • tootallulah
    Options
    Hi, good luck what a great job you are doing with selling. So what is the stretch target? Debt free by the end of January 2014? Looks like you just might be able to do it, depends how much more there is to sell..........
  • AnnieBox
    Options
    My stretch target is February 2014. I've already sold most of my high value stuff so I don't think I would be able to match these numbers a second or third time around sadly so currently January seems a bit TOO ambitious, but who knows :)

I am making every effort to save money as well though, I already have £13ish in my piggy bank and I'm starting to do things myself rather than paying others for the service. As I've only just begun it's difficult to know how much of an impact that could make, I'm excited to find out though :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport