Weekly Spend Challenge W/C 25th August 2013

Options

Comments

• ShootForTheMoon
    Options
    Wednesday was a NSD

Thursday: PAYDAY!! Got my haircut (£7) and spent £10 on the new Newton Faulkner album which I managed to get signed by the man himself for my brother's birthday! One very happy lad so I don't mind! ;)

Tomorrow WILL be a NSD as I'm working 7-4 (taking B&L and lift sharing) and OH has plans for me up the allotment when I get home by the sound of things!! :D

So far: £17 / £20 not too bad!

Hope everyone's week is going well!!

xxx
    :T DEBT FREE AS OF APRIL 2013! :T
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul"
  • MissE001
    MissE001 Posts: 797 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Decided to get petrol and provisions tonigh for visit to my friend's house tomorrow - another £28.38 so now at £53.74!

Dress down day at work tomorrow will cost me £1 so as long as I don't spend any more, it'll be a green week *pretends it's likely that no more than £1 will be spent tomorrow*
    SPC Member #112 :A Save £2k in 2014 # 160 :money:
  • MissE001
    MissE001 Posts: 797 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    splodgethefirst - have you tried getting a quote for your car insurance as if it's about to start and see if it's the same price as this year? I've been doing that for years - still pay it monthly but into my cannot-be-touched-budget money. It means that I actually pay the insurance in full every year from that budget. Also included in my cannot-be-touched-budget money is house insurance, road tax, car maintenance, specs, dentist, christmas and holiday spending money.

I actually hate withdrawing money to pay one of the aforementioned bills - saving and budgeting gets addictive :money: :j :money:
    SPC Member #112 :A Save £2k in 2014 # 160 :money:
  • splodgethefirst
    Options
    I will give it a go!
  • EverTheOptimist
    Options
    Spends so far

Sun - £3.45 coffee and crisps
    Mon - NSD :j
    Tues - £7.77 2 x birthday cards (one for October) and a wedding card for end of sept. also bought small bag of classic thorntons chocs, when I opened them they had melted together. I was not happy. That'll teach me for buying them in the first place.
    Weds - £7.56 few groceries, but taken from this budget as I'd bought treats from grocery budget the other day.
    Thurs - NSD :j

Total - £18.78 / £25
    SPC 14 Target £200 /
    Debt: £11850
  • tinkermcjingles
    Options
    Monday: £2.45
    Tuesday: £2.40 - drinks and goodies at work - boo!!
    Wednesday: NSD!!
    Thursday: NSD!!

Total: £4.95/£25
    Tink
  • flyinggiraffe_2
    Options
    Sunday: NSD
    Monday:NSD
    Tuesday: £5.10 on fudge from the best fudge shop in the country, if not the world!
    Wednesday: £3.10 on bottled water and slice of cake, £2.20 on a sausage sandwich, £5.45 at fat club
    Thursday: NSD
    Friday: £2.00 salad from the lunch trolley

£17.85/£30.00

If I'm good I will only be spending bus fare to town from this budget, as have £60 ear marked for some jeans and a few tops from my clothing budget.
  • EverTheOptimist
    Options
    Well I didn't get my NSD today. Had to pick something up from B&Q for hubby. So I spent £1.25. Though to be fair he bought some bits needed for tea and for tomorrow. We're going to a friends 30th bday BBQ. So hubby bought some nice foody bits to take with us. :D
    SPC 14 Target £200 /
    Debt: £11850
  • ShootForTheMoon
    Options
    ETO - PHEW! I got worried and thought I was purple because I'd been REALLY naughty!! ;)

I think I was only purple last week as I did 90+ hours at work and in between all I did was sleep!!! :rotfl:
    Never mind, thinking of the overtime next month!!

Been another good week for me on the spend front - just the haircut and the Album for my little bro!

So £17 / £20 total and another GREEN week!! Yay! :j

Today will definitely be a NSD, full of a cold and spending the day at the allotment! B/L/D from stores and no spends coming out!

Loving this challenge, going to see if I can get OH on board for September!! Could be interesting!!

See you all in next week's thread gang!! :wave:
    :T DEBT FREE AS OF APRIL 2013! :T
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul"
  • smokies
    smokies Posts: 138 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Gang,

Another week over (it will be soon Christmas at this rate)

Proud to report I am still in budget, even though I had to pay for parking yesterday (£2.50.... so a big drum roll

0.01/£20 :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Off to work out what spends I need for next week and will report back soon .....

Have fun folk what ever you are doing.....

Smokies xx
    Sell £750.00
    Jan-feb-march - 150.00

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills