Sterilizing Fluid

2»

Comments

• meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    if using Milton is too expensive there are other cheaper ways of sterilising bottles. There is the 'microwave method'. and there is just plain boiling water in a pan on the stove.

But, Milton tabs are really cheap - are you really on such a low budget you cannot afford them? (its cheaper to use the tabs than the fluid).
  • We have a new 99p store in town, and I noticed they had bottles of sterilising fluid when I was in the other day.
    (I knew someone had been looking for them, but couldn't remember who, where and when!)
  • Frugalista
    Frugalista Posts: 1,738 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    meritaten wrote: »
    if using Milton is too expensive there are other cheaper ways of sterilising bottles. There is the 'microwave method'. and there is just plain boiling water in a pan on the stove.

But, Milton tabs are really cheap - are you really on such a low budget you cannot afford them? (its cheaper to use the tabs than the fluid).

Sorry - I didn't explain what I needed the sterilising fluid for, I just thought that this forum would be the best place to ask.
    Suffice to say, as a childfree 55 year old it's not for bottles and the boiling/microwaving method is not suitable.

I find the tablets are no good for my requirements and I prefer to use the fluid. Budget wise, I think Milton is just a ridiculous price and refuse to pay it when I can source the same thing cheaper - this is a moneysaving site after all :money:.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions :T - please keep them coming. However, it seems that everywhere I have tried in the last few months (Superdrug, Asda, Tesco, Wilkinsons, B & M, and a few independant chemists, etc) are all either out of stock on their own brand or only stock Milton. It just seems really strange that there is no other sterilising fluid to be found anywhere :think:.
    "Men are generally more careful of the breed(ing) of their horses and dogs than of their children" - William Penn 1644-1718
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure