IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Do I have a chance against Parking Eye in POPLA/court?

Options

Comments

• Hazzoura22
    Options
    Fantastic! Thanks so much! Will try all that and then come back to you if I've any more questions :)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hazzoura22 wrote: »
    Fantastic! Thanks so much! Will try all that and then come back to you if I've any more questions :)

Do not make any admission about where you shopped elsewhere nor who was driving.

As part of the first challenge, include a photocopy of the store receipt and say 'the driver' was with a young baby and the baby's grandmother and so the shopping trip took longer but the driver was a genuine customer (receipt attached). And that the driver didn't see any signs advising only 1.5 hours parking so if the ticket isn't cancelled you will be checking the Council Planning Consent conditions for that car park of course, and complaining to the retail Store Manager, as well as appealing to POPLA.

And don't discount simply going back in to the shop right now this weekend and asking to speak to the Store Manager themselves about getting it cancelled as you were a customer and 'were with your baby and Mum' which always slows you down a bit...! Store Managers can cancel these, even in your circs.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »

And don't discount simply going back in to the shop right now this weekend and asking to speak to the Store Manager themselves about getting it cancelled as you were a customer and 'were with your baby and Mum' which always slows you down a bit...! Store Managers can cancel these, even in your circs.

Always should be the first step and it's amazing how many times it's overlooked.
  • Hazzoura22
    Options
    Thanks Coupon and Guys, I feel a bit cheeky doing this though as its not like it was a huge store, only a small supermarket. I don't think it could be reasonable that I spent 3 hours in there :( also I don't have a receipt (even though I did shop there).
    I was thinking of just a generic letter saying signage is not clear that I expect to be overturned...and then add all the stuff about council permissions etc to the POPLA if it gets that far?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Cheeky? If you have a baby or elderly person(!) with you then you could argue you are allowed more time (certainly a disabled person could have more time, as would someone breastfeeding a baby, I just felt your case was 'close enough' to argue...!). And anyway, when you complain you just show any receipts from that store and complain about the harassment (not admit how long you were there!). Any Store Manager worth his/her salt would cancel it to keep the business of 3 generations of a local family surely?

Do try. Please. Easiest way to get it cancelled, by far!

And it's possible that the car park's Planning Permission says that shoppers can use it for local shops as well (check with the Council Planning Dept if you can, then you will know).

But yes you could try a generic appeal at this stage, just make sure it has enough meat on the bones to be 'an appeal' with challenge points about signage at the entrance being too high/unreadable and no loss was suffered as the driver did shop there (but has since discarded the receipt).
  • Hazzoura22
    Options
    spacey2012 wrote: »
    Contact the council planning office and request a copy of the planning consent conditions for the retail area car park.
    If you get them i'll show you a right trick if they stipulate anything other than what parking eye do.

I couldnt find any info on my Councils planning permissions Public Access by putting the postcode in (not sure how far it goes back). I found one for the extension of the store which i thought might reveal something but it didn't give any details, just that it was granted so I drafted a letter requesting the info, but I've just seen on the website there are charges for the following....is this normal? And is it one of these that I need or just something else that should be provided for free?

Decision notices, together with other planning documents, can be obtained by the submission of a request in writing with the appropriate fee as detailed below:

Copy of decision notice (Planning) £16.00 each
    Copy of approval notice (Building regulations) £16.00 each
    Copy of completion certificate (Building regulations) £16.00 each
    Copy of appeal decision notice (Planning) £16.00 each
    Section 106 agreement (Legal document) free
    Copy of Tree Preservation Order £20.00 each
  • Hazzoura22
    Options
    Ps...thank you coupon mad! I think I'm also receiving advice from your other alias on Pepipoo :)
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    Options
    I couldnt find any info on my Councils planning permissions Public Access by putting the postcode in (not sure how far it goes back). I found one for the extension of the store which i thought might reveal something but it didn't give any details, just that it was granted so I drafted a letter requesting the info, but I've just seen on the website there are charges for the following....is this normal? And is it one of these that I need or just something else that should be provided for free?
    Perfectly normal. My local council's planning information only goes back to about 2005. After all, it was all paper-based before then, and who's going to pay to scan all those old planning applications in. Charging is normal, too, as they have costs to cover if they are going to do the work for you.

The cheaper option is to visit your local planning office in person, where you can look over old applications for free. They may well charge for taking copies, though.
  • Hazzoura22
    Options
    Ah that's great Slithy Tove...don't fancy paying for something when it might not even say what I want it to say. I'll try to find out where it is and if I can go and have a look. Do they have to let me look for free by law?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Ah that's great Slithy Tove...don't fancy paying for something when it might not even say what I want it to say. I'll try to find out where it is and if I can go and have a look. Do they have to let me look for free by law?

Most such documents are public documents so it may be you can see them for free at the Council offices. Not sure. YOU could try Googling the name of the Retail Park and looking for old local newpaper articles, if any, from when it opened or was given consent to build a car park. They usually say what the parking arrangements are when the place is first allowed to be built.

TBH that's just delaying you getting this cancelled. COMPLAIN THIS WEEK ANYWAY!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure