MSE News: Google Chrome warning: Be careful with online passwords

13»

Comments

• fionajbanana
    fionajbanana Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    All of the websites that I have saved my card details always want either the 3 digits on the back of the card or the expiry date.
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,574 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    All of the websites that I have saved my card details always want either the 3 digits on the back of the card or the expiry date.

It's not the credit card details that's at question here, it's your login details to online sites, webmail etc.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Lumstorm
    Lumstorm Posts: 242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    This is a complete non-story so passwords can be viewed, if you leave your computer unattended and logged in, you log out or lock the screen in your concerned about security.

Why don't they cover the story that if you do the same you can access everything on the computer Microsoft should really fix this flaw that anybody can access the my documents directory with a user logged in.:D

This is why you use different password protected accounts for different people and also run as a limited user you don't need admin access for day to day work.

People will run without security though and as admins as security is inconvenient.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure