We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Anyone else had letter from TT re 19th June?

Options
Has anyone else had a letter from Talktalk about updating everything on the 19th June when we could be without telephone calls in & out and broadband for quite a time and that settings may change?. If so, what do you make of it. Anthing to worry about?. I'm going away tomorrow for a short while, so will be interested to see if this post catches anyone's attention.

Comments

• loopylass81
    loopylass81 Posts: 187 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Interesting havent received anything yet but think i will be keeping an eye out for it!!!
  • mrJ_5
    mrJ_5 Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    Options
    your broadband connection is probably being switched from BT IPStream to TalkTalks LLU based broadband service
  • System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    With the 19th rapidly approaching, I thought I'd phone them. The chineese lady's voice which I could hardly hear and understand, tried to tell me theat I'd be "going live" on the 19th !!! I tried to explain that I was already "live" and bid her farewell politely.

I made a second call and spoke to another lady with an accent. She was speaking to me from South Africa. It seems the exchange is being upgraded, there is nothing to worry about, if I were to be out of the house all day and not use anything, then I wouldn't notice the change. If I do attempt to use the phone, it may not work, if a call attempts to come in, maybe it won't, if I attempt to log-in, maybe it won't.

I can accept this, in the name of technology improvment.

If however things fail me on Wednesday, then you will no doubt be informed.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It would seem the change has been made. But how do I know ? I hear you ask.

Well the ring on our telephone has changed from - ring ring - ring ring - ring ring to ring--ring--ring. We recognise this because when we phone Spain, that is the sound we hear whilst we wait for the call to be answered. As we have two landlines phones but only have one ringer on, we've experimented and both give this new ring. We're not too happy about it, but feel there is nothing that can be done.

If anyone else has a contribution to make on this change and anything they've noticed, maybe you would tell us.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport