🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Globespan

Options
2»

Comments

• CobyBenson
    CobyBenson Posts: 188 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well, if you know anybody with a potential claim then I'd be happy to run it to court (Pro Bono) to see what happens.

It doesn't have to be 'not supplied', there just has to be a breach of contract.

I know a Solicitor who's using Section 75 to brings claims for people who had PIP breast implants inserted, paid on their credit card, but the supplier has gone bust. It's opened up a whole new avenue for Claimants who otherwise might not be able to claim.
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    But the 'contract' won't have any mention of 261?

And BoC is a biggie to overcome. How does exaggarated descriptions of a hotels qualities fit in with BoC?
    I'm thinking of a hotel in Magaluf described as a 'family friendly hotel' when in fact during the summer months it's overrun by 18 - 25's who party all night.

Not wishing to engage at length with the above, just pointing out that it's not cut and dried IMO.
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,854 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I believe you would have to show either negligence(the PIP implants) or a breach of contract before the banks would consider a claim under section 75. Since in 2009 there was no effective law to say airlines had to pay compensation for delays, as EU261 was most certainly never intended to provide such compensation, and it was really only a case 4 years after the failure of Globespan that created such a right, I think if I were a judge in the case, I would find in favour of the bank but as we have someone offering to try it, lets see what happens when the bank says no.
  • Xj797433
    Options
    I am making a claim via credit card company for a globespan delay in august 2008. Newcastle to faro diverted to Asturias due to technical fault. Claim in progress with Tesco bank credit card
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport