We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

make up storage

Options
13»

Comments

• heartbreak_star
    Options
    ...am I the only person that has less than a shoebox of makeup/beauty stuff? *eek*

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
  • sophlowe45
    sophlowe45 Posts: 1,559 Forumite
    edited 3 September 2013 at 11:45AM
    Options
    I had a lot of old makeup that never got used so now my makeup and brushes would fit into a shoebox.

I made my nail varnishes fit into a OPI box and that involved throwing a few away.

But moisturiser, cleanser, toner etc. contact lens solution, lens cleaner for classes, the stuff really adds up, take up a lot of space for me.

There there is a box of hair stuff.
  • sjg666
    sjg666 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was in my bathroom the other day and spotted a toilet roll tube on the site and my brain suddenly kicked into gear!...

...Took the lid off my partner's shaving foam (rinsed it out) and put the toilet roll tube inside it - voilla - a make up brush/mascara/lip gloss holder! (just popped a small bit of blue-tac on the bottom to make sure it doesn't fall over) :D
  • HPoirot
    HPoirot Posts: 1,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    ...am I the only person that has less than a shoebox of makeup/beauty stuff? *eek*

HBS x

You are not alone!! But I'm the weird one, I like to lay them out nicely in the drawer and use shoe boxes as separators lol x
  • Bella_b
    Bella_b Posts: 859 Forumite
    Options
    I got some plastic sets of drawers - I got mine from Aldi once but have also seen them at Dunelm Mill & B&M Bargains- you can get big or small ones.
    I got small ones in bright pink - they are quite deep and can fit a lot in each small square drawer. There are 3 drawers in each one. Like a three tier tower. Usually can find them for about £8-10 each depending on size. I have two!
    I also got some pink small storage baskets from dunelm mill - 5 for £2 or something! As well as that I use a set of 2 small square wicker baskets I got from IKEA. Tkmaxx also do nice small wicker baskets sometimes in the home section.

You can also look in the stationary section of staples or office world or something like that. Sometimes stationary storage doubles up as makeup storage! On eBay you can get acrylic storage, & also nail polish racks!

I really want the tall Alex dresser from Ikea. Lots of people on YouTube have it to store their makeup! The Muji storage is nice but expensive!

If you need more ideas just search YouTube for 'makeup storage & organisation' you will get lots of videos come up! You will be shocked at the amount of makeup they have! :)
  • Saturnalia
    Saturnalia Posts: 2,051 Forumite
    Options
    A Draper cantilever tool box, a nice dark blue one. Keeps everything nicely organised and there's something amusing to me about keeping makeup in something so traditionally masculine.
    Public appearances now involve clothing. Sorry, it's part of my bail conditions.
  • meece
    meece Posts: 273 Forumite
    Options
    I use one of these to store my brushes.
    http://www.vanishederas.com/davidson-amber-cloud-glass-flower-bowl-with-frog-pattern-1910bd-c1925-60-11967-p.asp

Not very expensive and looks good,and keeps brushes tidy.
    "If you see someone without a smile, give them yours.":D
    Miss Mona, The Best Little *****house in Texas
  • honey06
    Options
    Bella-b you were right!! Astounding how much most of the bloggers have :cool:
    I like the muji drawers and seriously considered getting them, but decided against in the end (cost and the whole see through thing)

I've invested in one of the multi drawer units from WH Smith (http://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/cupcake-multi-drawer-unit/product/35713029) that seem to have been popular before the acrylic drawer trend. It now sits neatly on my dresser (the drawers are far from full I might add :rotfl:) and keeps things neat and to hand- result! I'm now using the dressing table instead of tripping back and forward to the loo with assorted bits of makeup in hand :T
    I've also got my current face products in the bottom drawer so everything is looking much neater and more organised :T
    I think I'll get an illuminated mirror at some point as well to help with lighting, but overall I'm really pleased.
    Thanks again to everyone for their help and advice :T:D:T
  • amyb_2
    amyb_2 Posts: 3,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a looooot of makeup, but storage as follows.

Large dresser with 4 large drawers either side, and a Helmer for Nail Polish (full and overflowing)

On top of my vanity/dresser i have arylic box type thing in which keep the creams/lotions i need close to hand (unlidded - just to keep everything together)

My daily make up is in one of these - it holds more that it looks like it will and everything is in my eyeline.

759257.001?$uklarge$

Hair brushes and make up brushers in flowerpots.
    I'm so boring, my clothes wanna keep someone else warm, someone cooler
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family