We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Royal Mail Surveys rewarded with Stamps.

Options

Comments

• kazzybabes
    kazzybabes Posts: 341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Is it normal to still receive lots of letters when you have put in that you are on holiday? I just came home to 5 items within the 4 days i was away and just inputted them all as unsure of day they arrived. I'm away again in May for 4 days, TIA
  • GetRealBabe
    GetRealBabe Posts: 2,258 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    kazzybabes wrote: »
    Is it normal to still receive lots of letters when you have put in that you are on holiday? I just came home to 5 items within the 4 days i was away and just inputted them all as unsure of day they arrived. I'm away again in May for 4 days, TIA

Hi

When I was on holiday, I didn't receive anything. Might be worth a phoning or emailing TNS.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 089-Finally got a signature.:rotfl::j

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 33,204 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

If you've had no posting packs for the time you were away, it may be people who've missed the allocated week and sent a week or two later.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,327 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

Have you entered your holiday dates on the website in plenty of time so they can adjust the schedules? There is still no guarantee you won't receive post though & remember you need to enter holiday from the Monday for each week or part week not just the actual days you are away.
  • kazzybabes
    kazzybabes Posts: 341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    redagila wrote: »
    Have you entered your holiday dates on the website in plenty of time so they can adjust the schedules? There is still no guarantee you won't receive post though & remember you need to enter holiday from the Monday for each week or part week not just the actual days you are away.

Oh no i didnt realise that! I just put in the days I was actually away, oops! I did put the dates in about 2 months ago, I will maybe email them to let them know then. I thought it was okay as my posting pack I only had to post on the day before I left and that was it. Thank you!
  • tomvox
    tomvox Posts: 189 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    McGonis -I was born and brought up in a Glasgow tenement. Sorry but I just don't get you. Letters fit through my letterbox. Packages too big are either left with my neighbour or I am left a card to collect from the Sorting Office. That is pretty much it. Not a problem for me,
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,555 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    MCGONIS wrote: »
    Do you people not work during the day? How can you be happy to do something for buttons and you have to take time out to collect this stuff?
    Well... I started out at a time when I worked from home, so it wasn't a problem to pop out with cubes or to answer the door. Then I changed jobs but I could still post letters on the way in and get to a PO at lunchtime; I did have to go out and collect cubes, maybe one a month and I could live with that. On my last cycle, I decided it was getting borderline as a) I was now working in a different postcode and could only get to a PO on the way home with a detour and b) there were more cubes to collect.

I actually made the decision that I would do one more cycle but drop out if it wasn't worth it. I never got the chance as they rested me before I completed training! I've just been invited back to start from June so the same rule applies - I will give it a go (because I can use the stamps) but if there are cubes every week then I'll drop out.

I am keeping up with Correctly Delivered and Unaddressed - that's minimal effort, I'm asked to do one or the other or both almost every month and the L2S vouchers are saved up for a meal out once a quarter (Caf! Rouge, Pizza Express, Patisserie Valerie all take them).

So as others have said, just accept that you've had some good stuff and drop off if it isn't working for you now.
    I need to think of something new here...
  • LDH
    LDH Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 24 April 2017 at 11:57AM
    Options
    The only times i get annoyed with the live survey are when i'm expected to post something on a Saturday or when i receive or have to post cubes and parcels.

Saturday postings always mean i have to make a special journey to a postbox after last posting time on Friday or make the journey early on Saturday morning.

Cubes just annoy me, full stop. In the past week, i have received three cubes, two of them on the same day. On my current stint, i have had a month where i had to post a cube each week, for three weeks in a row. One of these weeks had two cubes to post, only days apart.

My latest concern is receiving survey items with insufficient postage paid. It's just plain annoying having to pay a surcharge to receive the mail. :eek:

When it's easy, it's easy. When it's a little more involved, it's annoying. :)
  • GetRealBabe
    GetRealBabe Posts: 2,258 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    LDH wrote: »
    One of these weeks had two cubes to post, only days apart.

My latest concern is receiving survey items with insufficient postage paid. It's just plain annoying having to pay a surcharge to receive the mail. :eek:

When it's easy, it's easy. When it's a little more involved, it's annoying. :)

Hi

If I have 2 cubes/parcels to post on different days during the same week, I post them on the same day. I've only got a small locker at work and they can't fit in there. (I only post cubes/parcels on Monday, Tuesday or Saturday when I'm not working)

If you have to pay for postage, email tns with the details and they'll send you out some stamps.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 089-Finally got a signature.:rotfl::j

• retiredandskint
    Options
    Just won another £10 voucher :j:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business