breezeplus solicitors

Options
2»

Comments

• oo9588
    Options
    Breezeplus+ Legal Solutions are totally useless. Please DON'T use them. I can't get hold of my case handler on the phone, their useless website wouldn't allow me to send an email. Very very poor service. I don't understand why Barclays decide to use such a poor poor legal firm. Terrible!!. I don't normally leave reviews but I was compelled by this terrible company to signed up to this site to warn you all. SOO ANGRY!!
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Wow this thread certainly knows how to attract new users!
  • hutchkitch
    hutchkitch Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 27 May 2017 at 9:54AM
    Options
    We started the remortgage process with TSB in February this year, we eventually completed in May, the cause for the delay was the fault of Breezeplus.

In my experience they're simply the worst company I have ever had the pleasure in dealing with.

The first completion date we had set was missed by Breezeplus and it took me a month before I got ANY information about what caused the delay.

When I called them I would easily be sat for 1.5 hours + and you need to be prepared for them to hang up on you - as they seem to do this quite frequently - which is incredibly stressful...

When you are lucky enough to speak to someone I felt they had no idea what they were talking about and it was nigh on impossible to speak to the solicitor who is dealing with your case.

I called TSB to complain and they told me it's not their problem as we hadn't completed yet. I told them it most certainly was their problem as the first proper dealings I had with them was via Breezeplus and they were giving us the worst possible introduction into to the Bank...

TSB did tell me they received many complaints about Breezeplus... which makes me wonder why they continue to use them - I can assume they must be very cheap....

After many MANY stressful hours sat on the phone to both Breezeplus and TSB I had all but given up - no one would give me any information about the progress of our remortgage and I didn't know what else I could do...

Then I checked on their website and found the names of all their directors and I emailed ALL of them with an email complaining about the disgusting service and lack of any updates and communications.

The same day Murray Fraser (Solicitor and Operations Director) got back to me and we completed a week later.

So if you are stuck trying to get an answer from Breezeplus you can email him direct:

[EMAIL="murray.fraser@breezeplus.co.uk"]murray.fraser@breezeplus.co.uk[/EMAIL]

If you are debating whether you should use them - just don't. And if your bank is giving your case to them to manage tell them to assign you to a different solicitors because Breezeplus will make your life hell and it is not worth it.
  • Breezed
    Options
    I'm can empathise with your torture. I have just completed a simple remortgage with Breezeplus my experience was exactly the same as yours. After hours wasted on the phone and two whole days dedicated to getting it done I finally got things sorted by getting the direct phone number of one of the managing directors.
  • Breezed
    Options
    Hi Guys
    This thread goes back to 2013 and nearly every person has suffered because of the in/action of Breezeplus or Breeze & Wyles de facto the same company.

Before you accept any solicitor appointed 'free' by your lender have a quick google. I didn't because I trusted Natiowide, they are a building society... More fool me. A quick look on google shows a Trust Pilot score of 0.8/10 (no that is not a mistake with the decimal point.) There are pages and pages of people expressing their utter frustration at the incompetence of Breezeplus (I actually did start to think they're taking the Micky with the name).

Then you could turn to twitter where there is another load of complaints.

I have also complained to Nationwide, but having read all the posts I am even more disappointed in them, they have been using them for at least the last 4 years despite all the complaints. Originally I though blame just lay With BZ+ but the fact that NW have been using them for ages disgusts me, they are a Building Society!!! Who can you trust - No One.

I have not put the full details of my case on here as I have given BZ+ until Friday to make ammends.

If they don't I will of course complain to the 3/4 regulatory bodies. But obviously that's not worked for the last 4 years. I was thinking of setting up a support / compensation group for customers who have been shafted by BZ+ Whilst also raising the profile of this evident money making virtual scam. They try and stick a couple of hundred pounds on most people's bills knowing they'll pay when the day of completion finally arrives. That's just a guess they tried to sting me for £80, I know it's not much but if you do it to nearly every customers that equals some big fat money grabbing solicitors.

They've got till Friday to make things good with me or I will ensure their actions and the actions of the lenders who use their so called con-veyancing are brought to the attention of as many of the general public as possible. We've got social media, forums like this, financial print journalism, radio programmes like Moneybox, TV shows like Martin's. The list goes on ... and on. Ripping off customers, treating them with contempt, costing people an awful lot of money in delays. They just don't care... In my opinion they should be shut down, but we'll see...#Breezeplus !
  • Breezed
    Breezed Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    After suffering the agony that is dealing with Breezeplus / B&W I complained to them formally. I got what I expected basically F**k Off. Rather than apologise, offer even a token gesture or admit that they did anything wrong they said all the problems were MY FAULT.

If they did their job properly there would not be hundreds of complaints on the internet.

They are such a bunch of arrogant contemptuous fools, rather than admitting they are having problems, saying sorry and offering a £20 Shopping voucher, they have decided to blame everything on me. I didn't send x,y,z by this date and that. It's falsehood heaped on lies seasoned with incompetence.

This is where most people give up and just put it down to experience. Well I'll certainly check services offered to me, even by a reputable company such as Nationwide more closely.

However they couldn't even say sorry and in fact their response to my complaint was sneering and demonstrated a very unique view of customer service. Therefore I am going to complain to all the regulatory bodies, make the public as fully aware as I can of their practises and pathetic practice. Also as a member/owner of Nationwide (it's still a building society) do everything possible to dissociate Nationwide from such unprofessional people such as BZ+ / B&W.

Breeze - You gamble that people will just let off steam on forums like this. I however am more public spirited and am going to use all the regularly pathways and media outlets necessary to prevent you causing hardworking members of the public having their lives made hell by yourselves whilst costing them money, some just wasted the rest lining your pockets,

You couldn't even apologise to me in response to my complaint, but it's time someone made you sorry!
  • Jaffa23
    Options
    I never usually post stuff like this but BreezePlus are completely incompetent. Every single document they have sent us contains incorrect information about our remortgage. They sent multiple emails asking us to complete attached documents that were never actually attached and it took a month of emailing and calling them for them to finally send on the documents. Their website says ' 97% of calls are answered in 20s'....hell no!! If they aren't engaged it takes at least 45mins. And apparently the average case is completed in 7 days....three months later and our offer is about to expire and neither myself, my broker or Santander can contact them. Absolute joke.
  • RowanLima
    Options
    I find them very incompetent and rude- my parents have been trying to buy a house from a housing association for more than six months- from June last year and the process is still ongoing. The HA people caused the initial delay as they lost the letters we sent them and three times. My mother called them all the time but all that the solicitor handling our case said is that they are “chasing them” with no visible results. Even once everything was sorted from the HA, they took their time until the mortgage offer expired- all Breeze and Wyles said to that is that we should just extend our mortgage offer, which the bank did three times. Now we are back to square one, have to go through the whole process again and they are still taking their time.
    This brings me to the next issue- the call agents are unbelievably rude and aggressive- every time you dare to complain or raise an issue they either tell you that what you say isn’t true, or, as in the latest round they accuse you of shouting at them. My mother was on a call about the latest delay, and she had it on the loudspeaker, to free her hands. The call agent couldn’t explain why we have to sign and send a new deed considering we sent one a week ago. When my mum started complaining about the process, the lady on the phone told her that she’s going to hang up on her if my mother shouts at her one more time. I was there to hear the exchange and there is no way that what she was saying could be construed as shouting- yes, she was complaining and yes, she was upset, but there is a world of difference between that and shouting
    When my mother wrote a complaint about the way the agent spoke to her and an explanation for the latest delays, the solicitor handling our case told her that he wasn’t there so hes not privy to what happened, but if my mother was shouting, the call agent was within her rights to threaten her. So even if you manage to get to them (15-20 min calls) and get them to talk to you, the minute you raise a complaint you are falsely accused of being abusive and summarily dismisses.
    We’ve already made a complaint to one of their directors, and our case was put through to the supervisor, she is a touch more polite, but only by a small margin.
    I’m thinking of starting a list of excuses they’ve made so far in the process- it ranges from “this is the fault of the HA/council” to “Its coming to Christmas, and this would result in delays”. They don’t seem to consider thursdays and Friday’s as business days either, as nothing gets done if they receive any paperwork around middle of the week.
  • dralan
    Options
    Breeze and Wyles and Breezeplus appear to be one and the same. The Breezeplus has more negative comments on the web. I was unfortunate to have to dealt with this shower for a TSB mortgage. Firstly the forms were partly filled in and incorrect, then close to completion they requested extra information, unfortunately I was travelling on business and this caused more delay. Then prior to completion they said I needed to pay them ~£63 and needed to confirm the bank account it would come from due to money laundering rules (OK). I emailed this that evening and then they phoned me the next day and said they needed this information still. I said check your email, then 'oh yes'. Then they said on the call I needed to transfer ~£313, I queried this as the TSB provided £250 cashback and they checked again....'oh yes that's correct, ~£63! The mortgage completed successfully 2 months late. They a few days later I received a cheque from B&W for £296.38? their calculations were clearly wrong originally, there was a surplus. However in the mortgage forms they had asked for a bank account to transfer any surplus to. A form both me and my wife had signed. The cheque however, crossed account payee, was in joint names and we don't have a joint account, and I couldn't cash it. I phoned them and they said I could send it back (Barbarella?) and they could transfer to my account. This I did with a letter. I waited. I then phoned and spoke to Iysha?. She said a bank transfer would cost £35! or I could have a cheque. They would have to send a letter for me and my wife to sign first, then they would release a cheque. I have just check my account and they have paid me £255.38. That means they charged me £41 for getting it wrong and not doing what their own form asked!! PS If the statement made was it was £35 +VAT they still got it wrong. As I said, what a shower.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Anybody having problems with a firm of solicitors should report them to the Law Society.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure