Yodel claiming attempted delivery.......

Options
2»

Comments

• kelr101
    kelr101 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    Becky_Boo wrote: »
    I was working from home today and waiting for 2 parcels... 1 from Royal Mail - delivered fine to my front door (with a smile). 1 from Yodel... at 5pm still no delivery - called them and was told they had tried to deliver it but I was not in!?!

Tried to keep my temper calm while they told me that the driver had tried to gain access (LIE) and that they had left the red card (LIE! - Not even a card!).

Please allow me to join your Yodel vent!!!

You are welcome to join :-)

Now even though I re-scheduled delivery, and received email confirmation, Yodel still attempted to deliver again yesterday - albeit this time they did leave a card......hmm wonder if this is the card they meant to leave Thursday night but somehow forgot (!) so they graciously tried again... :-)

Lets hope on Wednesday (my actual re-scheduled date) they remember where I live!
  • kelr101
    Options
    MrsAtobe wrote: »
    Yodel are dreadful. They've left IT kit with one of my neighbours before now, literally one door across and one door down. The delivery driver simply could not be bothered to walk down our drive. I was in all day working from home as well. Thankfully my neighbours are honest.

Try emailing social.media@yodel.co.UK, you may find them very helpful. I did :) Or could you get the package delivered to your work address?

I would normally get it delivered to work, but sadly after some abused the good nature of the company in allowing deliveries (some arranged for goal posts and a fridge freezer to be delivered to reception!) that were impractical to be delivered to an office, we are now only allowed small packets/parcels to be delivered to work.....and although my parcel isn't huge it is bigger than ideally accepted.

Saying that I might ask nicely if Yodel muck up again in Wednesday!

Oh, and thank you for the email address! Much appreciated :-)
  • earthstorm
    earthstorm Posts: 2,134 Forumite
    Options
    kelr101 wrote: »
    I would normally get it delivered to work,
    Yes more and more companies are allowing this, due to work patterns now with usually all adults in a household working.

but some do take advantage of this, which messes it up for everyone.

A company i do consultancy work for used to allow this until last year when one of their employees has a motorbike delivered ( he got approval for this as he was a full time employee),the problem was 3 months later bailiffs turned up looking for the bike or their money as it tuns out the employee got the bike on finance and never made any payments and as it was delivered to his place of work letters to him were sent there but ignored by him, so bailiffs were sent. Naturally this was sorted quickly regarding the bailiffs and then the boss immediately sacked the employeen and stopped allowing anything to be delivered for employees.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    A Yodel driver once claimed he'd been unable to deliver to me as I was a school that was closed for summer. Not bad for a first floor flat!
  • dibuzz
    dibuzz Posts: 2,021 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I think they get to a certain point in the day and update tracking to show attempted delivery so they can claim things are delivered in a certain time.
    14 Projects in 2014 - in memory of Soulie - 2/14
  • kelr101
    Options
    So, after receiving a confirmation email Thursday night that they would redeliver Wednesday, first they redelivered Friday (although I think this was the actual Thursday delivery they didn't do but claimed they did), they then redelivered Saturday!

Thankfully I was in and now have my parcel.....but I wonder if there still try again Wednesday as frankly their delivery incompetence amazes me :-)

But happy I have my parcel at least!
  • kelr101
    Options
    dibuzz wrote: »
    I think they get to a certain point in the day and update tracking to show attempted delivery so they can claim things are delivered in a certain time.

I am inclined to agree with you on this....good for their numbers but frustratIng for the customer
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    yes thats exactly what they do, so they dont get peanalised , not sure if they have gps trackers on there barcode equipment i know parcelforce does, ask for the gps coordinate when it was scanned in as attempted
  • Yolina
    Yolina Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    Options
    I mostly don't have issues with receiving parcels due to working from home (and the development also has a porter), however Yodel once decided that I was "away on holiday" apparently :rotfl: I contacted them via Twitter rather than calling them, and it all got sorted quickly (duly delivered the following day).
    Now free from the incompetence of vodafail
  • adamc260
    adamc260 Posts: 2,055 Forumite
    Options
    The problem with Yodel is they give the work out to random people who get paid like 30p per parcel they deliver.. so they're really not bothered =/

I've had my fair few problems with them in the past, them saying an item has been delivered when it hasn't been, leaving items in my bin when it's full... not even turning up but claiming they have etc!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure