Yodel claiming attempted delivery.......

Options
Why do Yodel claim attempted delivery and a card left when they haven't?

I have been waiting all day for a delivery, check the status at 8:15pm and it claims they attempted delivery, put a card through the door and have returned the delivery to the parcel office, yet not a single car has driven into our residents driveway in the last hour (checking as I have been waiting) and no card left.

Tried phoning and was on hold for 15minutes before being cut off, and they have no online chat tonight.

I now have to ask to work from home again for a re-schedule!

Grrrrrr!

Comments

• MrsAtobe
    MrsAtobe Posts: 1,404 Forumite
    Options
    Yodel are dreadful. They've left IT kit with one of my neighbours before now, literally one door across and one door down. The delivery driver simply could not be bothered to walk down our drive. I was in all day working from home as well. Thankfully my neighbours are honest.

Try emailing social.media@yodel.co.UK, you may find them very helpful. I did :) Or could you get the package delivered to your work address?
    Good enough is good enough, and I am more than good enough!:j

If all else fails, remember, keep calm and hug a spaniel!
  • Blackpool_Saver
    Options
    they are all self employed pin money workers aren't they?
    Blackpool_Saver is female, and does not live in Blackpool

• earthstorm
    earthstorm Posts: 2,134 Forumite
    Options
    most of the Yodel drivers are franchises, but they also have some employed drivers, but did the OP arrange for yodel to collect or deliver the parcel.
    If they did not arrange the delivery with Yodel, then they have no contract with Yodel, so they would need to take it up with their supplier who arranged Yodel as they are the ones with the contract with Yodel.
  • Helix
    Helix Posts: 2,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    earthstorm wrote: »
    most of the Yodel drivers are franchises, but they also have some employed drivers, but did the OP arrange for yodel to collect or deliver the parcel.
    If they did not arrange the delivery with Yodel, then they have no contract with Yodel, so they would need to take it up with their supplier who arranged Yodel as they are the ones with the contract with Yodel.

Most couriers will deal with the end customer even if they are not the ones that have the contract with them. The only one I can think of that doesn't is Hermes.

Its often easier to contact the Courier and arrange something, than go through the retailer. Of course if the courier is being awkward then by all means go through the retailer.
  • MamaMoo_2
    MamaMoo_2 Posts: 2,644 Forumite
    Options
    I had the same issue. I checked the status at 4:17pm to find that there was a supposed delivery attempt 3 minutes earlier. The only car to have driven into the cul-de-sac all day was the mobile beautician visiting my neighbour.
    Phoned Yodel. First contact CS were awful, but the manager I spoke to took ownership, arranged immediate redelivery, and was very helpful. Apparent he found a map of my house and texted it to the driver.
    Turns out the driver had got lost and carded a random house. He couldn't answer me where he'd carded, and wasn't even sure he'd got the right place this time, just kept repeating my name and looking at me confusedly.
    I now won't use a company who uses Yodel as a courier
  • Jamie_Carter
    Jamie_Carter Posts: 5,282 Forumite
    Options
    They are useless. They tried delivering a parcel to me the other day. But as I hadn't ordered anything I looked at the address, and pointed out to the driver that it was for a house 7 doors away.
  • kelr101
    kelr101 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    earthstorm wrote: »

Sorry should have said :)

The delivery is coming from a supplier and I know I have the contract with them....just wanted to express my frustration at Yodel's continued incompetence.

I had another delivery recently, of which they claimed they posted the parcel through the letterbox, and Yodel (when I contacted them) were adamant this was the case - my letterbox is tiny and the delivery was a 2ft x 2ft parcel!) - but they had actually left it with next door!
  • Pennywise
    Pennywise Posts: 13,468 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's not just Yodel. This same thing has happened to me with UKMail this week. Should have arrived Tuesday. Nothing from them. Nothing Wednesday either. Nothing Thursday. I got fed up Thursday afternoon and went to their website to track the parcel, only to find "attempted deliveries" each day and that the latest card was supposed to have been left just 10 minutes earlier that afternoon. I had to phone them twice - first time, they promised to call me back but didn't - second time they said the driver had noted that he couldn't find the address so left the card through the door of the next house instead of mine, my front door being just along the side of the building rather than the front as it's split into upstairs and downstairs (xxA and xxB) - I'm A and he put the card through B - heaven knows how he didn't think to look down the side - I thought that was fairly common for houses converted into flats etc. Still waiting today - not holding my breath!
  • KILL_BILL
    KILL_BILL Posts: 2,183 Forumite
    Options
    they are CRAP
  • Becky_Boo
    Becky_Boo Posts: 114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was working from home today and waiting for 2 parcels... 1 from Royal Mail - delivered fine to my front door (with a smile). 1 from Yodel... at 5pm still no delivery - called them and was told they had tried to deliver it but I was not in!?!

Tried to keep my temper calm while they told me that the driver had tried to gain access (LIE) and that they had left the red card (LIE! - Not even a card!).

Please allow me to join your Yodel vent!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure