Watford to Wembley?

Options
13»

Comments

• hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Bushey station car park was half empty when I was there last Saturday morning. No idea what it costs though.
  • ev70
    ev70 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Bushey train station has 58 parking spaces with a daily parking rate of £4.50. This information can be obtained from the national rail web site.
  • theatretony
    theatretony Posts: 385 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Another option is to drive to Rickmansworth and park in the Long Island Hotel car park (quite cheap), go over the road to Ricky tube station. Then easy access to the M25 on the way home.
    If the world is a stage... I want better lighting!
  • babyshoes
    babyshoes Posts: 1,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    TBH, If you are driving to a station from the hotel anyway, I'd go to Watford Junction. It's not that much further than Bushey by car (I can drive from Bushey to Watford Junction in around 10 mins), especially if you go the back route (via Orphanage road) to avoid the ring road; there's plenty of parking (though it's not cheap) and pretty much all the trains stop there - some of the fast trains miss out smaller stations like Bushey, which can be annoying on the way back. You should be able to buy an oyster card at the junction, but give yourself plenty of time as they aren't good about having enough windows open on busy days.

I wouldn't bother with the Met line station either, it doesn't have decent parking and the tube stops running earlier than the overground - again an issue if you want to stay and celebrate afterwards!
    Trust me - I'm NOT a doctor!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport