Watford to Wembley?

Options

Comments

• dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can buy an Oyster at any underground station (but beware limited ticket office hours at some), many but not all rail stations in the London area, and at many newsagents, etc

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14434.aspx gives access to a list of the latter - there are not that many in Watford
  • warehouse
    warehouse Posts: 3,362 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    A lot of people drive down to Croxley or Rickmansworth, park for free and get the train to Wembley, then back out afterwards. Forget a hotel.
    Pants
  • vivatifosi
    vivatifosi Posts: 18,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee! PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    warehouse wrote: »
    A lot of people drive down to Croxley or Rickmansworth, park for free and get the train to Wembley, then back out afterwards. Forget a hotel.

I'd add Chorleywood to that list too. Easy to get to from J18 of M25 and never too busy on stadium days. The only one I'd really avoid is Stanmore, great station with fantastic links, but everyone knows that so it gets slammed when there's something on.
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    When I do shows at Wembley I drive to Hilington Tube station (just off the A40). 2nd to last stop on the Metro line to Uxbridge.

Although you do have to pay (NCP car-park)
  • Freebyman
    Freebyman Posts: 591 Forumite
    Options
    Just a quick update, we booked at the Hilton in Watford (40% discount sale). Is the station on the Metropolitan line still the nearest and most convenient?
    Old Faithful we roam the range together,
    Old Faithful in any kind of weather,
    When the round up days are over,
    And the Boulevard’s white with clover,
    For you old faithful pal of mine.
  • dzug1
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    There is no convenient tube station to the Hilton - it's on the outskirts of Watford going in the wrong direction to anywhere you want to be

The nearest tube station would be Bushey - a 40 minute walk. There is a bus - the 602 - which takes about 10 minutes. The Hilton would doubtless call you a cab

http://www.unobus.info/service.shtml?serviceid=1703

The Hilton is between Aldenham and North Bushey

Locationwise you could hardly have chosen worse
  • Freebyman
    Freebyman Posts: 591 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry but I may have mislead everyone on here, Im staying the night before and driving home the same day so will be parking at Watford station unless there are any better alternatives?
    Old Faithful we roam the range together,
    Old Faithful in any kind of weather,
    When the round up days are over,
    And the Boulevard’s white with clover,
    For you old faithful pal of mine.
  • geordieracer
    geordieracer Posts: 2,637 Forumite
    Options
    Freebyman wrote: »
    Sorry but I may have mislead everyone on here, Im staying the night before and driving home the same day so will be parking at Watford station unless there are any better alternatives?

Well if you were doing it on the same day I wouldve suggested getting a Chiltern Trains service from Parking at Denham station but if you have booked Watford then the best option would be the overground into Wembley central and walk from there.
    one of the famous 5:kiss:
  • dzug1
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bushey is the nearest "tube" (shorthand for TfL station) and would be the best place to park for the Overground. A couple of stops nearer than Watford Junction and (I would imagine) parking cheaper
  • geordieracer
    geordieracer Posts: 2,637 Forumite
    Options
    dzug1 wrote: »
    Bushey is the nearest "tube" (shorthand for TfL station) and would be the best place to park for the Overground. A couple of stops nearer than Watford Junction and (I would imagine) parking cheaper

Not many spaces IIRC and does get full even on a saturday morning from memory - and that was back when Silverlink ran the services. But a good alternative option
    one of the famous 5:kiss:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport