Watford to Wembley?

Options
Im going to Wembley Stadium on the 24th of this month to hopefully watch my team win :j

However Im staying the night before in Watford and was told you could get the tube to there and back in about a half an hour. Not being local I dont know what to do and how much it would cost etc. All I can gather is one is zone 8 and one is zone 4.

Im so confused can anyone tell me more about cheapest way etc?
Old Faithful we roam the range together,
Old Faithful in any kind of weather,
When the round up days are over,
And the Boulevard’s white with clover,
For you old faithful pal of mine.

Comments

• Own_My_Own
    Own_My_Own Posts: 6,098 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    edited 2 August 2013 at 12:21AM
    Options
    Get on the Metropolitan line ( southbound). it takes you straight to Wembley. It is 10 stops.

ETA cost about £5.

Map. http://www.wembleystadium.com/~/media/Files/WNSL/WembleyStadium/StadiumMaps/Maps/WS_Level_B2_Map.ashx
  • Freebyman
    Freebyman Posts: 591 Forumite
    Options
    Own_My_Own wrote: »
    Get on the Metropolitan line ( southbound). it takes you straight to Wembley. It is 10 stops.

ETA cost about £5.

Map. http://www.wembleystadium.com/~/media/Files/WNSL/WembleyStadium/StadiumMaps/Maps/WS_Level_B2_Map.ashx

Thanks for that, is that £5 in total or just one way? I also saw something about oyster cards and my mind went a bit blank regarding that. Is it best to pay cash on the day?
  • Own_My_Own
    Xmas Saver!
    edited 2 August 2013 at 12:38AM
    Options
    That will cover both ways. Don't bother with an Oyster card. It's not worth it for one day.

When you get to the station just buy a day ticket to zone 4. If you get confused ask someone. They will help you just to get you out of the queue. ( only kidding)
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just to emphasise OP, it's Watford Station on the Metropolitan Line you want, not Watford Junction Station.

And get off the train at Wembley Park Station.
  • Freebyman
    Options
    When you get to the station just buy a day ticket to zone 4. If you get confused ask someone. They will help you just to get you out of the queue. ( only kidding)[/QUOTE]

Ah great the infamous London hospitality!!!

Thanks for your help, couldnt face driving to the stadium and then pay for parking etc.
  • Own_My_Own
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    Just to emphasise OP, it's Watford Station on the Metropolitan Line you want, not Watford Junction Station.

And get off the train at Wembley Park Station.

Oh sorry didn't mention that. You just assume people know.
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I make the cost £4.50 each way cash fare - £1.60 each way with Oyster. So even if you don't cash in your Oyster it's still cheaper to get one.

It's zones 4-7 BTW

The 'day ticket' is £12.10 - certainly not worth getting
  • Rodders53
    Rodders53 Posts: 2,157 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Where in Watford are you staying??? Many of the hotels and suchlike aren't near the station(s).

Watford Met station is some distance from the Town centre.

It may be as easy to go to Watford Junction (or High Street) station and walk to the stadium from Wembley Central.

(I was born and lived in the area for 50+ years)
  • Freebyman
    Options
    Hi again, in answer to your questions. Im not sure of what hotel Im staying at yet and it shouldnt be a problem for parking as I am driving my own car. I just didnt want to drive to Wembley again directly, too expensive.

Another thing regarding oyster cards, as Im not local how do I get one and put money on it, do I need two, one for me and my wife?
  • vivatifosi
    vivatifosi Posts: 18,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee! PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Freebyman wrote: »
    Another thing regarding oyster cards, as Im not local how do I get one and put money on it, do I need two, one for me and my wife?

Yes you do need one each. If you're coming to London again, it's worth keeping them, if not, it's best to cash in. Here's some info:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/19798.aspx

If you are using Oyster, you must tap in and out using the touch pads at the barriers, even if the barrier is open. I've come unstuck having to adjust mine after being told to keep walking and not use it after a major sporting event. Big faff...
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure