Question about scrap booking

in Crafting
4 replies 847 views
Hi, I've got some lovely 12 by 12 papers which have inspired me to do a scrapbook, only I don't know if I actually need a scrapbook! Can you just stick the pages back to back and if so, how do you keep the whole thing together? I've only done one scrapbook before, for that I brought a book and stuck backing papers in. Thanks :beer:
Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk

Replies

• Butterscotch-Butterscotch- Forumite
    142 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You could use a comb binder but you're really best to get an album. You will need page protectors to put the pages in before going in the album. There are two types - d ring and postbound. If you google search you'll be able to see what they look like.
  • I'd recommend a dedicated scrapbook album. They're made in the right way, right size, to take the 12x12" papers and have adequate protection for them. Once you've finished a few pages you'll begin to realise that you want them held properly and not just in any old folder.

You can buy an already made album, or you can buy blank albums which you can decorate up yourself. You could make your own album from scratch but I think for someone who's a beginner I'd start with a ready made and grow in confidence before you try to tackle a complete project of making an album itself, because once you begin you'll get a feel for what's available and also whether you want to add the work of making an album itself or use one of the alternatives. (Making a decent album folder is extra work and if you want to make it sturdy enough to protect your pages you might find that you'll get dis-heartened - which I'd just hate because scrapbooking is such a wonderful way to 'journal' the story you're putting together in photographs.)

Basically: walk before you can run. Get into scrapbooking first and then you'll 'see' later on whether you want to tackle making an actual album folder, or would rather buy one.
    Remember: however thin you slice something, there are always two sides to everything.
  • susan42susan42 Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    I think albums can be expensive, you could get some 12 x 12 sleeves and with holes in and bind them with wool.

It helps protect them.

Depends on your budget really
    Challenge 2018 - Learn by heart the Book by Wayne Morgan on Amazon - Betfair Football Trading as it helps to supplement my small income :beer:
  • glynisroseglynisrose Forumite
    199 Posts
    Have a look at Mel's site http://bramwellsblog.blogspot.co.uk/ she is a fantastic scrapbooker and card maker and will give you tips on layout and design.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Iceland's helping struggling pensioners

It's giving out free £30 food vouchers

MSE News

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum