BT Sport and Freeview

denwyn
denwyn Forumite Posts: 193 Forumite
I have only just noticed that BT sports has the Moto GP from next year for 5 seasons : (.... This is something i look forward to every year, and i don't really want to give it up. We have our broadband, unlimited phone calls and line with PlusNet, been with them for 7 months now with no problems and excellent service. I am getting quite confused with all this new tv stuff now, BT Vision, View TV, etc, it all very confusing. We have a Sony flatscreen tv it has some internet access with iplayer being the main thing we use on it, and a new Humax Freeview recorder. I have been told we cant get BT Sport with what we have now. I am reluctant to move our broadband and phone to BT, there more expensive with the line rental, we paid upfront and it costs us just over £10 a month, plus broadband is £7.50 for another 6 months and then its up to about £11.50, i was thinking of getting fibre broadband with plusnet for £15 a month. Do we have to have a BT phone line to get BT sport, I am not really bothered to much about the football, but really would miss the MotoGP. what is the cheapest way for me to get Moto GP next year. I curse BBC and Sky for ruining the TV service in this country, it seems we will all end up paying extra to watch anything soon as well as a licence fee. Any help or advice on what i can do is appreciated

Comments

• VisionMan
    VisionMan Forumite Posts: 1,585
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi denwyn,

When does BT's Moto GP coverage start?
  • denwyn
    It normally starts around easter and runs till early October, its ok for now as its still on BBC for rest of season.
  • VisionMan
    VisionMan Forumite Posts: 1,585
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    denwyn wrote: »
    It normally starts around easter and runs till early October, its ok for now as its still on BBC for rest of season.

Then all you need do is sit tight and wait. As Plusnet are in the middle of testing a new TV service which should be with you by the end of the year. ;)
  • denwyn
    Thanks for that, i will wait and see what happens, just hope its not going to be at the right price.
  • relhuk
    relhuk Forumite Posts: 21 Forumite
    denwyn wrote: »
    I curse BBC and Sky for ruining the TV service in this country, it seems we will all end up paying extra to watch anything soon as well as a licence fee. Any help or advice on what i can do is appreciated

Hi yes its a pain however it was the MotoGP 'owners' -DORNA that sold the rights to BT sport - the BBC and Euro sport are gutted to lose the coverage.
    Secondly there are many options open to you to watch the racing on tv or online:
    1. sign up with BT broadband and receive BTsports free.
    2. If you have sky tv you can add BT sports for £12 per month!! :mad:
    3. sign up to the rather expensive online motogp exclusive access to all race events at motogp.com etc.
    4. watch a 'stream' online (technically illegal but heyho).:cool:
    5. Watch a legal stream from a German sports website I found whilst googling this very problem. This German site streams the entire race (with german commentary) for free and is legal etc.:T

http://mediencenter.sport1.de/de/sendungen/programm_motogp/index.html

I am in the process of trying to find out if there is an English radio transmission that coincides with the German tv broadcast so as to listen to one and watch the other. Two problems have arisen so far - I cannot find one! and also even if there was such a broadcast would the sound and streaming video be in sync?....I doubt it :sad:

hope this helps a fellow GP enthusiast and many others to enjoy this poorly covered sport.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 338.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 447.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 230.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 600.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171K Life & Family
  • 243.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure