Letter from lloyds offering refund

Options
Hi there,
I received a letter today from Lloyds offering me a refund for a loan from 2005 which I never claimed for after being told I was mis-sold ppi.
The letter had the details of my loan on but some things didn't seem to add up such as the letter head being a photocopy and return addresses were to a po box. One being po box 140 Normanton and the other po box 814 leeds.
As anyone received the same letter and what was the outcome? is it genuine?
Thanks
Jeff

Comments

• Misspollyx
    Options
    I got the same sort if letter, not offering a refund tho lol.
    Said I may have been mis sold PPI and I could make a complaint bla bla bla.......
    Headed paper did look photo copied, and was PO BOX stamped address envelope and it also had 2 ref no, and a policy no ect.
    I did have 2 loans with them way back in 2004 so was ages ago.
    Was going to phone the number but its only open Mon-Fri.
    Sarah x
  • aceman
    aceman Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    I see, mine came with a accept refund form with an option to send a cheque or a form to decline the offer
  • Misspollyx
    Options
    Wish i had a acceptance letter,lol!
    The way my letter is worded it is basically saying I was miss sold it, which I believe I was.
    I have never made a claim for PPI though so thought it was a bit random to get the letter this morning. Have you ever made a claim for PPI?
    Now they have brought it to my attention ( if genuine ) I will get the ball rolling, nothing to lose really, Sarah.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Companies are proactively contacting customers to start a time bar on future complaints.
    Fill in the form, send it back to Lloyds. It won't say you've been missold, it will say you 'may' have been missold.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Misspollyx
    Options
    Yes that right it does say may. What form will I fill in? It's only a questionnaire sort of thing they have sent me, said if I want to take it future I could log a complaint by phone or post, is that the best rout to go? Thanks Sarah.
  • aceman
    edited 27 July 2013 at 9:08PM
    Options
    Upon checking the letter again it definitely says I HAVE been missold and im due £1001.76 and says how I would like it paid either into my current Lloyds account or by cheque, I just find it odd since I never claimed about ppi before lol

Also I just found it odd that it was not a coloured letterhead and looked like a photocopy and the po box's
  • -taff
    Options
    Misspollyx wrote: »
    Yes that right it does say may. What form will I fill in? It's only a questionnaire sort of thing .

You can do either, phone or fill it in.
  • -taff
    Options
    aceman wrote: »
    Upon checking the letter again it definitely says I HAVE been missold and im due £1001.76 and says how I would like it paid either into my current Lloyds account or by cheque, I just find it odd since I never claimed about ppi before lol

Also I just found it odd that it was not a coloured letterhead and looked like a photocopy and the po box's

Phone them up and tell them how you'd like it.
  • aceman
    Options
    Phone them up and tell them how you'd like it.

haha, soon as I find out its the real thing I will do lol
  • -taff
    Options
    I expect phoning them up will clarify that.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure