🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Using Tesco to meet the Santander 123 C.A. 2 direct debit requirement

Options
In the early stages of all this & set up a direct debit from my internet saver & instant access saver on the 123 CA. The internet saver direct debit set up fine but the instant access saver keeps being set up, but then not actually appearing on Santander's page (& then disappearing from Tesco's).

Do Santander not allow 2 of the same on their system or something? Am needing another direct debit to meet the cashback requirements.

Comments

• planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i have DDs to Tesco savers from 6 current accounts, but only 1 from each.
    i then use 2 DDs to Monmouthshire Building Society, 1 to each of 2 Credit Unions and to 1 to each of 4 Friendly Societies.
  • Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I seem to remember I had the same problem with vanishing Tesco accounts....luckily I have an old Egg account that accepts multiple DDs, so I never pursued the reason for the disappearance.

Easiest would be, IMO, to find another DD opportunity if Tesco make "duplicate" savings accounts disappear. There seem to be a few other options about. Alternatively, ask them why they do it.
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    agreed. i have had what should have been duplicates when ive transferred DDs into HR accounts that already have a Tesco DD in place, but finish up with just one.

you can ask them, but yes, i would just use others. DDs into savings accounts i already had were not very easy, but Monmouthshire are very efficient. and using little TESP investments are quite a neat idea, imo, covered by Halifax Rewards or S123 interest, they are like a 'free' little investment.

not sure where you are, therefore who your local Credit Union(s) are. but they can be useful little 'savings' accounts. one of mine paid 1.5% dividend this year, which is better than most savings accounts. if you have one local that accepts DDs could be a good idea.
  • oldfella
    oldfella Posts: 1,534 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I have both setup and it works fine, try sending a DD

but note that Santander might not accept 2 DDs from Tesco as from different destinations.
  • Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    oldfella wrote: »

but note that Santander might not accept 2 DDs from Tesco as from different destinations.

Santander don't have anything in their terms that says the DDs must be for different organisations. Halifax say it must be "two different" DDs, which , according to one of their employees who posted here, means "two different organisations".
  • bowlhead99
    bowlhead99 Posts: 12,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Post of the Month
    Options
    If you're looking for an easy company to set up another direct debit with, just to meet account terms and conditions, you could do worse than Paypal. Completely free to register with them, and any money that goes through them and out of your nominated bank account is completely within your control. If you want to make it appear "active", just buy some random low-value item.

I had Domino bring us some pizza the other day, ordered via my phone, wallet was upstairs, pizza shop guy doesn't get my credit card details, no fumbling around for cash. Direct debit to my account via paypal. Obviously buying delivery pizza is not the most healthy or MSE way to run your life, but just a random example. What are you going to do with all that interest earned, if not spend it ... ;)
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,249 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    bowlhead99 wrote: »
    If you're looking for an easy company to set up another direct debit with, just to meet account terms and conditions, you could do worse than Paypal. Completely free to register with them, and any money that goes through them and out of your nominated bank account is completely within your control. If you want to make it appear "active", just buy some random low-value item.

I had Domino bring us some pizza the other day, ordered via my phone, wallet was upstairs, pizza shop guy doesn't get my credit card details, no fumbling around for cash. Direct debit to my account via paypal. Obviously buying delivery pizza is not the most healthy or MSE way to run your life, but just a random example. What are you going to do with all that interest earned, if not spend it ... ;)

Agree entirely (re PayPal - not pizza :p)

My eBay habit (just about under control) is a rich source of DDs :) My PayPal account is linked to 5 current accounts and 2 credit cards which I use in no particular order, which creates the illusion of activity on those accounts ;)
  • Sue_de_Nym
    Sue_de_Nym Posts: 15 Forumite
    edited 8 April 2014 at 11:17AM
    Options
    Is it possible to set up DD's from more than one external account with Tesco Internet saver. Like from Lloyds Plus (mine) and Lloyds Plus (my partners) ?
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,249 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Sue_de_Nym wrote: »
    Is it possible to set up DD's from more than one external account with Tesco Internet saver. Like from Lloyds Plus (mine) and Lloyds Plus (my partners) ?

Tesco will only allow you to set up a DD from an account in your name. I don't know if Tesco will allow joint account applications, if so, that would be fine. Or your husband can just open his own Tesco account :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport