Sammr85's DFW Diary

Options

Comments

• MrsSmith2013
    Options
    Hi Sammr, glad to hear you have found Aldi too - I love it! Totally converted!! I tried their nappies for DS just to see what they were like and they are actually okay. We're hoping to get the toilet training underway soon, so hopefully won't need nappies for much longer.

Good news on the MSE week, sometimes all you need is a good board game :)

Bummer about the flat tyre, but good that you managed to get it repaired instead of a replacement - very MSE!

Mrs S x
    1st Jan 2014 £20,600 / 1st Jan 2015 £15,572.90
    **Feeling Hopeful that 2015 will be our Debt Free Year**
  • quidsy
    quidsy Posts: 2,181 Forumite
    Options
    Lidl nappies were the best I found when my son was small (I tried huggies, pampers, tesco, sainsburys, all crap) & around 4 quid for over 50 a good price too. Their wipes were also excellent.
    I don't respond to stupid so that's why I am ignoring you.

2015 £2 saver #188 = £45
  • sammr85
    sammr85 Posts: 740 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well today is my Birthday and I am slowly but surely running out of "20's" :eek:! I will be debt free by 30!!

So as it's my Birthday I have "made" £50 this morning in gifts which I might just put in the savings account or put towards a debt.

Not much else to report. Another A!di shopping trip yesterday for just under £34. I'm sure a similar shop in Mr T or Mrs S would of been a lot closer to £50 as I brought meat, fruits and veggies. Managed £4 into my £2 coin savings tin this morning and rounded down my bank acc. so my savings total is now £62 not including my £2 tin. It is not to be opened until it is full and I'm not keeping track of how much is in it as to surprise us at the end. The tin says it fits in £500 but I believe we will have a lot more than that in there by the time it's full.

Hubby was paid yesterday so have paid the rent and he's got his diesel. Now waiting for the dates to roll round for his different DD's to go out and hopefully he will have some wages left to put some money in his savings acc. the night before his next payday. Not too sure if we can manage that though as I know he's spent money on gifts for me and I'm not sure how much and I dunno if he has any other surprises which will cost later. Also, taking the kids to the beach next week, for the day to visit family so will spend some money then as we'll be going to Trago to stock up on some household bits we need. LOVE TRAGO!!

Thank you for the responses regarding nappies Mrs S and Quidsy. I would be very open to trying A!di nappies if they went up to the size 6 we need :( DS is 6. He is diagnosed ASD and unfortunately is still showing no signs for being ready to use the toilet. We are receiving help from the local incontinence service but we're still at the very start of the transition. We'll get there. One day..............
    Total Debt at LBM - £19107.03
    Total now - £11091.22
  • sammr85
    Options
    ***DISCLAIMER. This message is very whingey. Read with caution :(

Just because this is the only place I can put this where the "real world" won't see it. I just want to put on record. I HATE my Birthday. I try my hardest not to over think everything, to just take the day as it comes every year, but every year I do the same thing. I over think everything. I should be here feeling overwhelmed with all the happy birthday wishes I received on FB, even my own Mother bothered to txt me today but yet I am sat here miserable.

I have been home alone all day with the kids. DD1 has been a terror. I just ask for one day where she behaves, I get nothing.

I was expecting a friend (probably my best friend other than my DH) who is our cake lady, to bring me a cake which I was told DH had spoke to her about. I got nothing. I got a txt saying happy birthday, oh and can I do this that and the other tomorrow for the local village fete. No doubt that was the purpose of the txt.

DH made a little comment last night when I said I wasn't going to bed at 9pm. I thought he'd be surprising me with a meal out or something after work. I got nothing.

I've had no dinner, I've had nothing special what so ever. Just another crappy day in the J household. Time to go to bed and forget.......
    Total now - £11091.22
  • Chrysalis1976
    Options
    I'm so sorry you've had a pants birthday, didn't dh get you anything at all? I wish I could get you a babysitter and let you get out for a great big p*$$ up!

Happy birthday from me one million times over.

C xx
    Loan from Mum £500/£300
    DH computer £270.06/PAID :T
    Kids computer £854.33/46.18 :eek:
    Bike £276.15/118.35
    Overdraft £1192/0 :eek:
    Car £5374.04/316.12 :eek:
  • MrsSmith2013
    Options
    Awww Sammr, have a great big birthday cyber hug!! :grouphug:

I too am an overthinker, and there is nothing like a birthday to send you into over-thinking overdrive!!

I'm sure your DD could sense you wanting her to be good, and decided that wasn't going to happen, they have a habbit of managing to misbehave when its the last thing you need.

I hope you get a good nights sleep, and feel better in the morning, albeit another year older :o
    1st Jan 2014 £20,600 / 1st Jan 2015 £15,572.90
    **Feeling Hopeful that 2015 will be our Debt Free Year**
  • sammr85
    Options
    Thank you Chrysalis and Mrs S. I ended up staying up and drinking far too much Malibu! DH persuaded me to sit and watch a film so we watched American Pie The Reunion. I loved it. Best part of the day by far. I then stayed up and watched Ted. That was absolute pants! Needless to say the "too much Malibu" had it's affect and I was ill most of Saturday morning before going to our village fete.
    Saturday was not a very MSE day. Treated the kids at the fete then was invited to join our friends for a meal at a local pub. It is a 2 for 1 place so kind of MSE and we spent £53 for 2 adult meals, 3 childrens meals, a side order, 4 pints for DH, a large cola, and 4 glasses of squash for the kids. 1 adult pud and 3 kids puds which I thought was rather good and it could be considered my birthday meal.
    Sunday involved a trip to visit family but we got the sad news that DH's Boss had suddenly died :( so he went to help out at an event his boss was working at the time. He also worked the event on Monday but he took us with him and saved us £30.50 on entrance fees which we would of spent anyway as we were planning to go anyway. So we spent more money Monday on treats for the kids, keeping them occupied whilst their Dad worked.

Tuesday was a day planning for Wednesday so I went shopping and filled my car with diesel before going to use our annual passes at CWP. Just brought drinks and ice-creams there so not too much spent but I did buy us a chippy dinner on the way home with some of my birthday money :o ( I must add most treats Saturday, Monday and Tuesday were brought using my birthday money so not out of our usual monthly monies)

Wednesday was a very LONG day. Took the kids down to Dawlish for the day visiting family and trying to fit a weeks holiday into 1 day! Went to Trago and managed to buy some bits we needed (and some we didn't!) I managed to get the girls school shoes which they still needed, a new roasting tin, a new dog bed, a xmas gift for DD1 plus small bits like catering foil roll, DD1's new pencil case, pens and accessories, DD2's moshi's, sweets, an in car charger for DH's iphone etc. All for just £66 which I think is very good. We treated DH's Nan to a chippy lunch then went and took the kids on the train from Starcross to Dawlish which although it was busy the kids seemed to love. Brought some clotted cream for DH and treated them some more with a small go in the arcades. Just £1 each of 2ps whilst we waited for the train to go back to Starcross. Then after seeing DH's Nan again and saying goodbye, we went up to Dawlish Warren for more arcades (which DH's Nan gave £5 each to the children so no spends for us) and we brought the kids an ice-cream each before heading home. We left home at 6.55am and didn't get home until 10.15!

DH had to go back to work yesterday as obviously work has piled up with the boss dying and as it's a small family business there is only DH and 1 other to do the work as the Bosses Son was busy helping his Mum organise the funeral. I spent yesterday organising our money making sure we had enough money to cover all bills until we each get paid again. Also updating and re-organised my spread sheets. I have made Septembers run from Thursday - Wednesday now as DH gets paid fortnightly on a Thursday so it should make things clearer! I've also updated my signature. All going in the right direction!

So, that was our week. Not planning on much today. Just a small trip to Mrs S for DS's nappies, bread and a curry sauce for dinner. Also trying to get my washing mountain down while its not raining!

Sorry for being so long winded!
    Total now - £11091.22
  • Mara_uk7
    Mara_uk7 Posts: 1,219 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sammr85 ... Ta Daaaa .... Happy Unbirthday to you !!

Cup of tea, relax ... Choccy biscuits and never mind the guilt ! lol
    Its just a bad day, Not a bad life .. :cool:
  • sammr85
    Options
    Aww, thank you Mara, A very happy UnBirthday to you too (I presume?)

Will definitely be having that cup of tea, no choccy biccies though!
    Total now - £11091.22
  • OrangeFairy
    OrangeFairy Posts: 2,630 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Sammr

Sounds like a lovely trip down to Dawlish. I bet the kids loved it.

Happy Unbirthday for last week.

It is my 30th next year! I am not too impressed by it!!!

OF x
    Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure