We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
LOVE FILM. Their game
Comments
-
It would take something pretty decent for me to use these jokers again.
I took out a trial with them and they seemed not bad so i started paying for it after the trial ended. After a little while, they started sending out only 2 disks at a time even though i was paying for 3.
I let this go for about 3 weeks and then contacted them. I received a mail back saying that they could see there was a probelm and i would be compensated for it.
After another 2 weeks of still only receiving 2 disks at a time i contacted them again and this time they refused to beleive there was anything wrong and when i forwarded them the mail from THEM admitting there was, they just said "We don't post out DVDs on a Saturday."
Thats all well and good, but what about Monday to Friday?
So they enevr compensated me, never apologised, took my money for a service they didn't provide and then treated me like an idiot.
As a reward though, i do like to bad mouth them at every oportunity.....keyboard warrior that i am :rotfl:0 -
Very odd!
I can't really complain about them. I get 3 discs at a time. I've been with them over a year. I've previously been with absolutely everyone on the market. They usually send me two high priority titles out of three per mailing but admittedly the newly-released films take a while to get through. They could do better but I'm sticking for now.
What annoys me is their constant trawling for new members! I get endless mailings asking me to refer a friend and ALSO letters and emails to me (same name and address) asking me to rejoin because I had a free trial with someone (possibly Sainsburys) that they took over ages ago! If they could assure me they're buying more NEW DVDs I'd feel better about recommending someone.
Other good and bad points:
One of my DVDs was lost in the post- no problem.
One of my DVDs didn't have subtitles despite saying online it did. I complained and was expecting a free rental. I got an apology and a promise to correct the online listing but no free rental. A month later the listing was still up so I complained again and got a free rental. Just checked this second and the wrong listing is still up! :mad:
It might not sound a big deal but if you get a DVD you can't watch it's a real pain, not to mention waste of money, and I believe companies should take more care over reporting the existence of Hard of Hearing/English subtitles. A huge number of deaf people use online rental services because a lot of cinemas don't have subtitled screenings and most companies seem to overlook this. If they can be accurate about other subtitles like Hindi too that's even better.
Maybe we can do some sort of area poll to see if the lovers/haters
are area-specific? I'm Lancashire! Aiming to pay off mortgage by my 30th birthday... £39438 to go!
"Had a documentary made about me" non-clique No.1, PM me to be added!0 -
Hmm, I have tried Lovefilm (got a 3 month free trial which is nearly up) and amazon. I have found with Lovefilm they seem to ignore my priority list so I receive low prioty films before high priority films. I never had this problem with Amazon, I won;t be renewing my lovefilm membership.
i agree!! i'm on a 14day free trial. i added about 12 films to my rentals lists, all except dreamgirls were medium priority. (dreamgirls is high) i've had 2 films so far and still no dreamgirls!! :eek:
not the end of the world tho, it's a free trial and i get £14.50 from quidco :j0 -
This is exactly what happened to me, about 50% of my disks recieved have been low priority discs. Just find it rather annoying when I was expecting a specific film and I get one from my low priority list, I only keep about 3 films in my high priority list.Sometimes you get what you deserve... :cool2:0
-
Have to say though emma396, 14 days is good but you should have scanned this site for that 3 month trial code.Sometimes you get what you deserve... :cool2:0
-
I just checked my Lovefilm account and I posted my film back yesterday (thursday) and they've sent me a new one out today (Friday)
I think that Thursday is about the last day you can return a film to get one back the same week.
I'm on the 3 months for 1 ex customer deal and so far they are great. Whether it stays that way after the end of July is anybody's guess.
They all start out great and then it slows down but so far I've got no complaints at all.
UKTim29 rejoined about the same time I did - maybe he'll be along later with his 2ps worth.Don't grow up. Its a trap!
Peace, love and labradors!0 -
have found them fine. am on my 2nd 3 months free trial. always turn around in 2 days. (ie post monday, they send out Tuesday)
not sure i get the complaints about not getting your priority titles, its a list of all titles you want to see, why complain if you get lower ones, you still want them? its a random thing, what you get, if you want to KNOW what you are getting, don;t use an online service, goto blockbusters.0 -
compared to Amazon it is not very good, thats all. With Amazon I always the title at the top of the list.Sometimes you get what you deserve... :cool2:0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards