We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

LOVE FILM. Their game

Lovefilm, whats their game

I am on 3 DVD's at a time unlimited

When I send back the ones I've seen I see from my list that they are received back by them before 9am
They NEVER send out replacement titles the same day
They ALWAYS wait a minimum of 24 hours before sending new ones
They rarely send out DVD.s on a Saturday
This means that if I send in 3 DVD's on a Thursday The wont send any back until Monday which means a 5 day wait,

If they do the same to everyone then they greatly reduce the number of DVD's they send out altogether each month.
I think that this is deliberate in order to save on postage.

I complained a few times but always get their template response
If anyone else is cheesed off with them for the same reason I suggest everyone calls their freephone helpline 08082000193

If were numerous to complain then they may listen
IWasLookingBackToSeeIfSheWasLookinBackToSeeIfIWasLookinBackAtHer.....
«1

Comments

  • bap98189
    bap98189 Posts: 3,804 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    They always post mine out the same day they are received.

    I have heard that they restrict heavy users by delaying sending out replacements to restrict the maximum you can have a month. I don't know what the limit is that triggers this though. I can only say that I rent about 25 discs a month with no problems from them.
  • advent1122
    advent1122 Posts: 1,403 Forumite
    Cancel and go with someone else. Why waste energy.
  • eyelinerprincess
    eyelinerprincess Posts: 4,679 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Mine too, I send out on Monday, get more on Wednesday, only delay is if they get them on a Saturday or I post them on Saturday, and that's for obvious reasons.
    "Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, But beautiful old people are works of art."
    -- Eleanor Roosevelt
  • BornSloppy
    BornSloppy Posts: 288 Forumite
    We sent 2 dvds back 12 days ago and so far only received 1 film! Leaving them soon cos blockbuster's more immediate (using Tesco vouchers for good discount)
  • matimage
    matimage Posts: 558 Forumite
    Hmm, I have tried Lovefilm (got a 3 month free trial which is nearly up) and amazon. I have found with Lovefilm they seem to ignore my priority list so I receive low prioty films before high priority films. I never had this problem with Amazon, I won;t be renewing my lovefilm membership.
    Sometimes you get what you deserve... :cool2:

  • eyelinerprincess
    eyelinerprincess Posts: 4,679 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I got that problem with Blockbuster, but not with Lovefilm...
    "Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, But beautiful old people are works of art."
    -- Eleanor Roosevelt
  • vinylmusic
    vinylmusic Posts: 1,200 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    advent1122 wrote: »
    Cancel and go with someone else. Why waste energy.
    Easy to say but last month I expressed my dissatisfaction and they persuaded me to stay on with 3 months for the price of one so I'm paid up till mid August.
    I also find them extremely slow with priority titles.
    I now have 27 titles on my list and around half are priority.
    I know from experience that if I try to build my list with less important titles I will get those before any priority ones so adding titles only delays getting what I really want.
    My library does a good choice of DVD's for £1 a week and top movies for £2
    and its only down the road. I get free tea or coffee and newspapers to read while I'm there and sometimes I meet nice people so theres the social aspect to consider too
    IWasLookingBackToSeeIfSheWasLookinBackToSeeIfIWasLookinBackAtHer.....
  • yeslek
    yeslek Posts: 1,442 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    they've been ok since i signed up for the free 3 month thing but i had loads of problems before.
    i went two weeks where they didnt send out anything...after enough complaints they agreed to extend my month by two weeks
  • Toon
    Toon Posts: 246 Forumite
    I've been with them for about 5 months and have nothing to praise for them. I receive my new titles 2 days after posting (send back monday, they receive tues, send new ones tues and I get them wed) and they always stick to my priority listings.
  • eyelinerprincess
    eyelinerprincess Posts: 4,679 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Ditto, I don't think I've ever had a title from them that wasn't in my priority list.
    "Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, But beautiful old people are works of art."
    -- Eleanor Roosevelt
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.