IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CP PLUS Parking Gartnavel Hospital Glasgow

Options

Comments

• bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Wow, it must be wonderful to live in your fantasy land Buzby.
    Je suis Charlie.
  • MARKOS72
    MARKOS72 Posts: 248 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    edited 21 July 2013 at 12:56PM
    Options
    Thanks peeps,looks like ride it out and ignore it :)
    In response to one of your points buzby,I don't think a car park with about 250 spaces is specifically for on-call staff,especially as the driver of my car saw a sign at this car park as they left stating it was only for permit holders up to 5pm (no they didnt see the notice beforehand ;))
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
  • MARKOS72
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    nigelbb wrote: »
    As it is in Scotland the general advice is to ignore these fake parking tickets.

Incidentally CP Plus are in breach of the British Parking Association Ltd Code of Practice by ticketing a vehicle displaying a Blue Badge

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/write/Documents/AOS/AOS_CoP_June_2013_update.pdf

Thanks nigel,does that mean that if the driver is unable to park in a disabled bay,and,as the driver did here,parks elsewhere,ie in the staff park then they should not have been ticketed?
  • Iceweasel
    Iceweasel Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Look guys - this is concerning private parking in Scotland - so forget it!

Ignore everything and be aware that anything you care to write, say, or explain in any way, will fall on deaf ears.

I regularly take my dad to hospital and have his BB displayed and no-one cares - I park sensibly wherever I can if all the disabled bays are full and don't give it a thought.

There are those who were not in favour of 'free' hospital parking.

Some hospital administrators complained over 'loss of revenue' - shame on them - it just shows that like speed cameras - the real object was to raise money - charging was not to ease any perceived parking problem.
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Yes in Wales parking is free in hospitals, except one I believe and that is being looked at. Parking charges at hospitals is a tax on the ill and those who visit them. The same can be said about charges for overstaying in motorway service stations, a tax on motorists that actually puts lives at risk.
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    MARKOS72 wrote: »
    Thanks nigel,does that mean that if the driver is unable to park in a disabled bay,and,as the driver did here,parks elsewhere,ie in the staff park then they should not have been ticketed?
    That's how I read the paragraph. I don't know what other interpretation there could be. In fact it gives carte blanche to any driver with a Blue Badge as all landowners must make provision for disabled people otherwise they would be in breach of the Equality Act
    16.5 If your landowner provides a concession that allows parking for disabled people, if a vehicle displays a valid Blue Badge you must not issue it with parking charge notices.
  • MARKOS72
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Cheers nigel :)
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    nigelbb wrote: »
    That's how I read the paragraph. I don't know what other interpretation there could be. In fact it gives carte blanche to any driver with a Blue Badge as all landowners must make provision for disabled people otherwise they would be in breach of the Equality Act

16.1 informs in the opening sentence...
    Operators of off-street car parks do not have to recognise the Blue Badge scheme

As a point of interest to others advising writing to trusts, NHS in Scotland don't have any trusts.
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Yes but if any car park has disabled bays there is more than a fair chance that the operator insists on blue badges to be shown, even though the blue badge scheme is not for private land.

And no matter what terms on the sign they and the landowner must abide by the Equality Act 2010 , which is legislation for the whole of the UK
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 21 July 2013 at 7:45PM
    Options
    bazster wrote: »
    OK, having seen the previous posts, I have picked up the Scotland point! They are absolutely correct, nothing will happen beyond a few worthless letters if you ignore this.

However, I believe the Equality Act 2010 applies in Scotland, so I would still seek to put the trust in its place. They are responsible for these louts CP Plus and they need to be taught a lesson about the kind of lowlife they have got into bed with.

I am on holiday next weekend onwards.

The Equality Act does apply in Scotland and if the disabled bays were full it's perfectly reasonable for a disabled person to pay in another bay, IMHO.

Both the Hospital and the PPC have a duty not to treat disabled people unfavourably, nor to harass them.

MARKOS72 wrote: »

As the BPA CoP says that a fake PCN cannot be placed on a car displaying a Blue Badge, then I think the answer has to be 'yes'.

Buzby wrote: »
    Your emotive rant is noted - however it changes not a single thing. Things you should consider:

(1) if the patient is too disabled to 'get from the kerb unaided' then the option of ambulance transport is offered, further, if assistance is required from a vehicle then if staff are advised they can and do assist. Using this as an excuse/justification for parking in an inappropriate place is so pathetic it shows.

It's nothing to do with whether they need assistance. What you should consider is that your ignorance of the Equality Act 2010 is so pathetic, it shows...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure