Moving from Virgin to Sky

Options
So im moving from Virgin Media to Sky with all 3 services, phone, tv and broadband.

Basically iv been with virgin since i moved into my own home 4 years ago, i moved house about 4 months ago therefore they started a new contract however it was set up over the phone when i called to transfer my services.

I was offered a totally new package which seemed better for me as i was offered it at 6 months half price.

I was set up at my new home (problems with phoneline at first as they forgot to connect landline!)
When i got my first bill it was a lot more than i expected, upon inspection they had charged me £50 activation fee and there was no sign of the 6 months half price.

I called up and was told the 6 months half price offer didnt exist (this was the only reason i went ahead as i had found it cheaper to cancel services and start again going through online!)
they refunded the activation fee as they said that was an error.

Since then iv missed my payment date by a couple of days due to the massive bill i received at first.
Therefore iv paid an extra £15 a month, £10 late payment and £5 no direct debit.

On top of this the fees have gone up with it, i only paid for XL as i wanted ESPN but as that is going i dont see the point especially as Sky have offered me a brilliant package.

So my question is, whats the fee going to be for cancellation? Iv gone through their fees a million times and i still dont understand it!

I pay extra every month for boxnation so if i cancel this and downgrade my package will i then pay a lower cancellation fee? x

Comments

• ryan92
    ryan92 Posts: 587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You can definitely cancel boxnation but I don't think you can downgrade your package as soon into a contract unfortunately. You'll probably then need to pay 14 x your monthly package cost :(
    Currently in a Trust Deed 43 payments until DEBT FREE - February 2027
  • LolStevo
    LolStevo Posts: 548 Forumite
    Options
    oh mannn!

its a good job iv got sky cheaper i suppose! x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income