PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• MrsCautious
    Options
    Spent £56.54 in Sains. Bought several items that brought added nectar points as was sent specific vouchers in the post, bought YS bin bags, baked beans and Ready Brek.

Spent far more than I wanted to by going for offers etc so would like to have a cheaper shop next week to keep me on target. Have plenty in freezer, fridge and cupboards for breakfast, lunch and tea for hopefully two weeks without anything needed to be added except fresh fruit, milk and veg *if* I'm disciplined, need to focus again x
  • Cambs85
    Options
    Hubby wants to defrost the freezer, so I said I would aim to have it empty by the end of the month. Bit ambitious I think as its looking fuller now than just after my monthly delivery arrived. This means two things, 1) my grocery challenge is going well and I am being v careful about what I throw away/ freeze, 2) I'm going to have an unhappy husband at the end of the month!
    GC Sept '13: £249.05/£250, NSDs: 9/7!! :j
    GC Oct '13 £236.00/ £250, NSDs: 13/9!
    GC Nov '13 £5.72/ £250, NSDs: /10
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Have updated the budgets list. Welcome to all the new joiners :D

Need to update my sig - couldn't do it last night for some reason? Had a MrT delivery on Weds which DH had to put away as I was out. Thinking I will do that more often mwahahahaha

Sausages, mash and veg for dinner tonight as DH is off to meet some friends and it could get messy :p Roast chicken planned for tomorrow after rugby training in the rain boooooo!

Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 14/24
  • icontinuetodream
    Options
    spent £37 in mr t & pet shop...saved £3.07 in bogof's though so will add that money to the bulk purchase pot... also found few quid in a drawer so will add that to the bpp too!!:D
    Mortgage 12.12.12 £55842 12.12.13 £42716 14.12.14 £28837 13.12.15 £25913
    Mortgage OP £50/£600 House Fund £420/£5000
  • kayester
    kayester Posts: 1,844 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I havnt been added to the list yet?
    216/2018 (make ££ in 2018)

Grocery challenge
    Jan 227/400
    swagbucks target 2018 1452/27375
  • Cambs85
    Options
    spent £37 in mr t & pet shop...saved £3.07 in bogof's though so will add that money to the bulk purchase pot... also found few quid in a drawer so will add that to the bpp too!!:D

Just out of curiosity what is a bpp pot?
    GC Sept '13: £249.05/£250, NSDs: 9/7!! :j
    GC Oct '13 £236.00/ £250, NSDs: 13/9!
    GC Nov '13 £5.72/ £250, NSDs: /10
  • K9sandFelines
    Options
    Cambs85 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity what is a bpp pot?

Bulk Purchase Pot :)
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • CountingPennies
    CountingPennies Posts: 1,893 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 14 September 2013 at 3:01PM
    Options
    Today should be a NSD (yeah!!) however yesterday wasn't (boo!!) so here is my update!

£40.73p at Mr T's on bread, milk, tins, pop, cereal and packed lunch stuff. Followed by another £6.05 at Mr T's last night as I had the night from hell and work so bought myself a little drink and some chocolate for the weekend. Sometimes you just need to treat yourself. Also spent £3.67 at Al*i on crisps and veg.

Will update total now. Got plenty of food in to last the week apart from will probably need milk and fruit at some point. After this month is over I'm gonna use 2 bags of life and pop them away and start filling them up with christmas treats. Will get this month over with first tho. This should mean my ridiculously priced christmas food shop should be greatly reduced if I'm lucky. Determined for christmas to be paid up front with no catalogue spending.

Going off topic now I think.... Lol. Anyway, sausage sandwiches for lunch, fish fingers, waffles and sweetcorn of kids tea with the usual toast or cereal for their suppers. No sunday lunch to make tomorrow as we have been invited out, however I might bake a cake to take with us.

CP xx

Edit: £353.13/£450 in my running total. Making a note here as I can't upload my sig at the minute like others.
    Slimming World Challenge 2017 0/30.5lb

Grocery challenge 2017 JAN: £5.56/£350
  • Billie-jo
    Billie-jo Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    Options
    Went to the market this morning and they were selling a few items for a £1 a bowl so I brought 4 sweet corn, 22 small oranges and a bowl of strawberries for £3 (Have been paying £1 for 2 sweet corn previously) The oranges are really nice and well worth the money. The stall holder was saying that although he had only just started he was going to cut back to just one day a week as people weren't using him enough yet were quite happy to pay more in the big stores plus another reason I think he may not be doing as well as he hoped is that he had a very limited selection. Also got some bacon, cooking oil, a paper and yet more tomatoes. Total now standing at £109.87/£220 so about right. (Still cant upload new signature yet)
    We have just been to see family and one way back saw lots of ripe blackberries so luckily had an empty ice cream tub in the back so we got picking and it was soon full. They are now freezing ready to be bagged up.
    Also have a pot of leek & potato soup simmering on the stove. Think this will be our meal tonight with some crusty cheese & onion rolls.
    MARCH £62.38/250
  • CountingPennies
    Options
    I have a huge blackberry bush in my back garden. I've never used it! Before i pick them all, can someone tell me what to do with them in order to freeze them? Decided not to let them go to waste, so will pick them and make crumble as and when we fancy a crumble. Shame to let them go to waste.

CP xx
    Slimming World Challenge 2017 0/30.5lb

Grocery challenge 2017 JAN: £5.56/£350
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills