Did Aquacard just damaged my credit rating? Please help

Options
12346»

Comments

• chrismbt
    chrismbt Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I should be £12 in credit now, having paid off the balance in full and they should have cancelled the charge.

However, when I went to use the card today, to spend £9.99 at the garden centre, the card was declined.

Then I got another call from them asking me to call 0800 587 5770, which I did, and they tell me I am still "on the dialler" and they will manually remove it!

I asked about the card being declined "your payment hasn't gone through yet, give it a few days".
  • chrismbt
    chrismbt Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    and once again, third day in a row, I just got a call from Aqua telling me I owe them £3.65.

I had a call on Saturday and paid them £67, which included a £12 fine they shouldn't have charged me. Yesterday got the same call, and was told they would "manually remove me from the dialler" as I shouldn't have been called and once again this evening, same call, telling me I owe them £3.65 when in reality they owe me £12.

"I can only apologise, we are having problems with our dialler"

Also last month my Noddle Credit report was showing 5/5, their top credit score. This month there is nothing from Aqua, but my credit score has gone down to 3/5 "You may be declined some loans and not get the best rate". The only difference from last month is that my new car HP is now listed, but no defaults or late payments.

Not sure if taking out a car loan and making 2 payments should reduce your credit rating by 2/3rds?
  • Herbalus
    Herbalus Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Another question regarding the new account numbers. I posted in this thread saying that First Direct had updated the sort code and account numbers automatically, but I just checked those with Aqua's website and they're different.

The Aqua website has the account number as 00282448 but First Direct have a different number when you select Aqua from their list of companies. Same sort code 300000 though. Strange.
  • jessica77_2
    Options
    I am fuming after reading this thread.
    I have had issue after issue dealing with the incompetent staff at Aqua. I apparently had a reversed DD last month with Aqua, they stopped myt card and failed to inform me until it was declined one day. The member of staff at Aqua told me my bank (natwest) had returned my DD, so there couldnt have beem funds in my account. This was my first months payment as well. I told him he cannot acuse me of this, it was there fault not mine and to refund me the £12 charge.
    He then proceeded to tell me that he would only do this, if I paid last months and this months payments there and then. Because I wanted the refund, i agreed. 10 days later and guess what??.... they havent refunded me a penny!!
    I have meailed them twice with my complaint, lodged an official complaintover the phone, all 3 times I have failed to have any repsonse from them whatsoever.
    I am now left with having to go to FSA, to complain, get my money back. I AM CLOSING MY ACCOUNT and will never, ever recommend them bunch of monkeys to anyone!! Who needs them??.... I have a barclaycard & vanquis with whom I have never ever had any issues. grrr, makes my blood boil. I used to work for RBS and know what lengths I had to go through to ensure customer service was second to none, so to listen to these phone monkeys just makes me mad!
  • eldaniel
    Options
    All I can say is that after so many mistakes done by Aqua everything turned out to be ok. I checked my Equifax and looks like everything is green so no worries there. They refunded me unpaid DD fee twice and they refunded unfairly charged interests to my wife account twice as well, so at the end we are like 20-ish pounds in, but honestly I would prefer to get nothing out of it and not to go through that hassle.
    After the failure with first DD when their account was changed, second payment went ok, so hopefully that is the end of the problems, but Aqua definitely turned out to be useless in every aspect. If not the cashback probably every money saver would leave them long time ago. However going through that experience I would go into business with this company again.
  • bettyboo71
    Options
    I am having a similar problem with my new aqua card. First DD payment was due to be taken while I was abroad on holiday but it wasn't and therefore my card was stopped and I couldn't use it while on holiday, caused lots of problems and had to borrow money from a friend.
    When I came back I made a payment by debit card but had a £12 fee added. I assumed it was my fault as there maybe weren't funds in my account. However, the same thing has happened this month - my statement clearly states payment will be taken by DD but they haven't taken it and have applied a £12 fee as well as a £12 charge because the fee added on takes me over my credit limit. I have attempted to pay by card on the site and it won't accept the payment, although my bank says no problem with the card and I have used it on other sites.. Not ahd any response to my email to them yet, shall phone them tomorrow if I don't get anything today. I would definitely not recommend them to anyone even though I chose the card because it is one of the ones recommended by MSE!!!
  • jessica77_2
    Options
    I complained 3 times in the end and the only way i could get a response was by stating i had gone to the financial ombudsman.

Ive had a reply by letter stating they have refunded my £12 charge but nowhere in their letter does it apologise for THEIR ERROR for not processing my DD correctly, or THEIR ERROR for not refundning my £12 charge in the first place either.

Ive cleared the balance now and closed my account, will never ever use them again. I dont even think Martin Lewis should be recommending them due to the number of complaints regarding the same issue i keep reading about.
  • jessica77_2
    Options
    oh and to add insult to injury, they reported a missed payment to CRA and the following month Next reduced my credit to Zero, due to something adverse on my file!!! AQUA are a bunch of MONKEYS!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure